The new manager thread

Yngwie

In all seriousness, what about Pat Fenlon. His stock was high before taking the Hibs job. From his experience in Ireland, he is used to gaining success on a limited budget that success including, in relative terms, success in Europe.

I  don't think his tenure at Hibs was all that bad. He inherited a team that had been underperforming for years with an ethos of enduring defeat and failure yet led them to successive Cup finals. and, although this season started off with the Malmo debacle there's no doubt that Hibs were making some progress and are a better side, even without the services  of Leigh Griffiths, than they were last season or the season before.

• Agree 4

A lot of my colleagues are Hibees. They were ranting and raving (in a good way) when Fenlon took over at Hibs. I agree with you Kingsmills. Fenlon with could be a very good option - especially without the same pressure. Hopefully Terry stays though!

If we are needing someone (hopefully finding out today to put us all out of our misery) the person needn't be permanent.

Just until the end of the season if need be like a lot of clubs do. Then when Hibs get relegated - we`ve got our man! 

Not that many poor performing teams start doing really well after getting a new manager.(imo)

Also look at St Johnstone as a good example of doing well McInnes, doing well Lomas, & still doing well so theres no reason to believe a new manager with us cannot continue doing well or even better.

Dont be surprised if the board go for another high profile candidate in Henrik Larsson with Foran as an Assistant.

Larsson has done all his coaching badges hand has never hidden his ambition to return to Scotland (of course his eventual aim would be to replace Lennon at Celtic)

ICT would get a guy with world class experience having been at Ajax , Celtic , Barcelona and Man Utd and also has retained his cotacts throughout Europe and would

a name who would attract players to Inverness.

His profile is also fits ICT he's a family guy, his wife is country horsey  type, kids are grown up no school issues and given he is a very wealthy guy money would not be  

his main issue.

• Agree 4

Dont be surprised if the board go for another high profile candidate in Henrik Larsson with Foran as an Assistant.

Larsson has done all his coaching badges hand has never hidden his ambition to return to Scotland (of course his eventual aim would be to replace Lennon at Celtic)

ICT would get a guy with world class experience having been at Ajax , Celtic , Barcelona and Man Utd and also has retained his cotacts throughout Europe and would

a name who would attract players to Inverness.

His profile is also fits ICT he's a family guy, his wife is country horsey  type, kids are grown up no school issues and given he is a very wealthy guy money would not be  

his main issue.

Was reading up about Larsson's managerial career there, and apparently he took over a Swedish Division 2 team, and started well, before things kind of went stale in the end.  Apparently he plays a very attacking and aggressive style of football in a 4-3-3 formation.

I could certainly be persuaded over having him as manager.

• Agree 1

I have a lot of faith in our board at the moment. Kenny Cameron is doing a great job and the prospect of working at such a well-run, community orientated club would be a big pull for any potential manager.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but at the end of the day this is FOOTBALL which is driven 99.99% by money - which we do not have!

I have a lot of faith in our board at the moment. Kenny Cameron is doing a great job and the prospect of working at such a well-run, community orientated club would be a big pull for any potential manager.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but at the end of the day this is FOOTBALL which is driven 99.99% by money - which we do not have!

True, and I appreciate that. However I stick by my view that ICTFC is a lot more.

Personally one of the following managers wouldnt have me too despondent:

Craig Levein ( i think Houston rode of the back of the team that Levein built and he certainly suits club football a lot more than international)

Paul Hartley (has done very well with Alloa and despite not having the contacts that Terry does he would bring relative youth and enthusiasm to the role)

Kevin Macdonald ( whether he would be interested is uncertain, vast amount of experience with big clubs)

can see Pele being linked but doubt whether he'd leave full time employment to go back into football

Robbo would no doubt be linked and while i dont think we should take him back in a managerial capacity i think an assistant manager or first team coach role would be ideal

would hate to hear that Marsella is leaving, would be almost impossible to replace on our budget

can see Pele being linked but doubt whether he'd leave full time employment to go back into football

IIRC someone here met Pele around the time his book came out (it may have been a book signing) and asked him if he'd ever consider coming back to ICT.  

He replied: "It would be a dream come true".

Gary macallister seemed to enjoy himself up here when he was in town for the county game. Heard his name earlier. Not really had the chance to prove himself as a manager so a good option for me.

Chris sutton is another who has the potential although again unproven.

Has anyone mentioned paul sturrock yet? Pretty good experience as a manager.

And now we know tb is speaking to hibs then we are perfectly entitled to discuss new managers although I would like him to stay

Has anyone mentioned paul sturrock yet? Pretty good experience as a manager.

Paul Sturrock? Good shout Slip, I'd settle for him.

From the "Pele" school of managers. Sacked by Southampton for turning up p*shed at training "allegedly".

He'd fit in perfectly with the Heathmount brigade.

But seriously, yes, Sturrock or Hartley for me.