Aberdeen V ICT (matchday thread)

Scotty

Poor substitutions or tactics, which one cost us this game, we should have learned from last time.

What would you have done??

He took Caff on to try and consolidate in midfield and Dargo so he could stretch their defense with his pace...

getting sick of posters too quick too criticise when they really have no clue  :008: :008:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how did utd's new signing play?

Sounds like you need him!!

:015: :015: :015: :015:

correct, how did he play?

Pish. So he should fit right in with your lot  :015:

So thats 2-1 to Aberdeen - in late equalisers across three 1 all draws this season I mean.  To start with you feel gutted but I have to say I agree with yngwie, chibber and kencar.  I'll definately take a point away to the third placed team and would have before the game. I think we deserved to win tho.

We also have a pretty good record against the upper teams. Six out of six v the Huns, three draws v Dons, a draw v Hearts and also v Celtic.

I know this wont go down very well with some people on this board but I feel sorry for Brewster. The radio says **** be out for 2 months with a dislocated shoulder. The guy can clearly still do it on the field but at his age he cant have too long left so this is a big blow. However **** keep himself fit and Im sure **** be back.

And even without him United have still got Dods so lets not knock Brew too much!

As Rig says loosing a goal with the last kick of the ball makes it feel like a defeat....but a 1-1 draw wasn't such a bad result.  I wasn't at the game but going by what I heard on the radio, and watching the highlights on Setanta, we are a much better side than they are, and getting better all the time.....

That bogie can't last forever.... :018:

Wish KingKojak hadn't mentioned previously that Lovell has a habit of coming on and scoring against us..... it's all his fault.... :023:

Well done the team, fine result, unlucky not to win.

Watched the 5 minute Setanta highlights at tea time, we really looked the far better team.

Roy McBain will have nightmares regarding his lose of possesion for their feckin 93rd minute goal, but no criticism from me because we wouldn't have scored our goal had it no' been for Roy's prompting.

Really looks like the Caley-Jags are back to the level they were at, at their height last season. Augers well for a good finish. Hampden would be nice  :021:

It's not nice to see any player get a serious injury, and you have to wonder what it will take for Brewster to decide enough is enough.

Not denying the guy still has the ability to continue playing, but surely thier comes a time when you realise that your doing yourself more harm than good by pushing it so much, especially when your picking up injuries like this?  These are the kinds of injuries that will really take their toll in later years and this dislocation on top of his knee injury from last year will really be punishing his body.

He came into professional football later than most and has had a pretty succesful career, nothing he does from here on in is going to improve his "status" and he's already set for life (financially) so it's not like he needs the cash.

He's obviously a great man for fitness and training and I think it's about time he concentrated on that and bowed out as a player before he really comes a cropper.  He made a (positive) reputation for himself whilst here with what he did for our fitness, he should be taking advantage of that whilst it's still fresh in people's minds - opinions may change.  I mean, if he gets any publicity for pushing himself too far and to the brink of these injuries, it's going to put doubt in clubs minds about whether he may push those he is coaching too far.

Guys like Keegan and Dalgleish knew when to stop. However, I still think Brewster can play a big role in a team. I remember seeing John Charles playing for Merthyr at a similar age but in Brewsters case he is much fitter and stonger. I think he came back too early. At the moment he is trying to figure out what to do in life because he feels very rejected as a Manager and therefore playing is probably for his own sanity. He was probably too eager yesterday to make a point but remember Denzil copped the same injury and no one suggested he stop playing.

Surprised no one has mentioned the stonewall penalty we should have had just before half-time.

Langfield going to clear the ball, mistimes it, booting Barry Wilson's shin, denying Wilson a shooting opportunity !

No luck ! :008:

Guest Arab4Ever

When did Barry Robson say that?

And any sick **** being pleased at Brew being injured should be ashamed. If you saw some old woman fall over in the street and snap her leg would you burst out laughing? Doubt it, just cause he is a footballer makes no difference (unless its Balde, but then only because it means Scottish defenders are safe themselves from a horrific injury)

Robson, Dela*unt and co were discussing it on the Setanta highlights, they all agreed it was a stonewaller.

And its not that we're pleased to see anyone get injured, but when they take a swipe at a ball, feck it up and trip themselves up dislocating their shoulder in the process, its fecking hilarious. Just because he's one of your heroes doesn't make him one of mine.

Guest Arab4Ever

Have you not just contradicted yourself here?

Why should Brewster be treated different from Balde?

My point was Balde is a dirty thug and the fact he is out for the season is a godsend as it means the players of the SPL are much less likely to get a career threatening injury. Balde is a liability to the safety of his fellow footballers.

Harry, I am a CC fan and one of the more positive posters on this site, but even listening on the radio the most unknowledgable footy fan could see that one coming. My comment was that CC should have seen it coming too and dealt with it. He's the manager after all, not you or I. And may I add that your post about posters, coming from a fellow well posted poster, is ill befitting your status as a respected poster, in posting your remarks about posters, you put a pretty poor point pertaining to posters probably and persistintly posting positive posts. 

Harry, I am a CC fan and one of the more positive posters on this site, but even listening on the radio the most unknowledgable footy fan could see that one coming. My comment was that CC should have seen it coming too and dealt with it. He's the manager after all, not you or I. And may I add that your post about posters, coming from a fellow well posted poster, is ill befitting your status as a respected poster, in posting your remarks about posters, you put a pretty poor point pertaining to posters probably and persistintly posting positive posts. 

that's a whole lot of posts  :023:

Fair enuff, but my point still stands what should he have done??