Job done. Into the hat we go.

Wahay!  I'm hoping for Gryffindor.

No. I prefer brains to brawns, so it has to be Ravenclaw

Bist du verrückt?  Rabenklaue ist von scheiße gefüllt!

Sorry, I just got a bit confused as Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was on STV at the time.

Marley has taken a little while to get up to speed, but he is now looking a classy player. He was a little lethargic in the first half, but in the second really shone. Polworth in general improved quite a bit on his debut at St Johnstone.

We should not read too much into headlines suggesting we had an easy passage. Dean Brill made a critical save early in the first half from Novo and we can be grateful he was flagged offside when he 'scored.' In general Morton were a poor team but we kidded ourselves when we suggested the need to get early goals on the board. 

The two penalties were clear fouls but in years gone by were not given to us.

We will need to up our game in the next round especially if we draw Albion Rovers. They have just knocked out the third best team in Scotland at present. The next round is on the 8th February after our cup semi. What chance Hibs away but at a sensible kick off time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't think the crowd was too bad if I'm honest, they couldn't announce the attendance due to the loss of power but I thought a feceng number turned up. There were never going to be many for a 4th round tie against Morton but there were certainly more there yesterday than there was for the League Cup QF vs Dundee United. I reckon the attendance yesterday wasn't far off the 2500 mark.....

As for the next round, the possibilities are:

Dundee United

Rangers

Albion

Dumbatron

Clyde/Stranraer

QOTS/St Mirren

Brechin/Forfar

Alloa

Hibs

Raith

St Johnstone

Ayr/Dunfermilne

Partick/Aberdeen

Celtic/Hearts

Stenhousemuir

Who would we like?

Edited by CaleyThistle

Only just seen the result as the match ran over yesterday before I had to go out... a better result than I expected seen it was only 1-0 at half time. Good to hear Watkins having a good second half and Agdestein's introduction (in the 91st min) being 'decisive' in getting brought down for the 2nd penalty. I see that Morton's interim manager is David Hopkin, who has hero status down here in Palace land for the the play-off final winning goal against Sheff Utd many years ago

:ictscarf: Pretty forgettable first half with to many sloppy mistakes. Second half much improved, Watkins & Ross found a bit of good form, impressed with Polworth, needs more game time though.

What was clear though was how much influence Richie has and how he's missed when not there.

However were in next round and that's what matters, home tie please would be good.

Job done. Into the hat we go.

Wahay!  I'm hoping for Gryffindor.

No. I prefer brains to brawns, so it has to be Ravenclaw

Bist du verrückt?  Rabenklaue ist von scheiße gefüllt!

Sorry, I just got a bit confused as Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was on STV at the time.

:tuttut:

Very poor first half.  Morton defended deep and we lacked penetration and support for the front players.  Polworth was particularly poor and many managers would have hooked him at half time.  The late goal in the first half made a big difference - it probably settled our players whilst forcing Morton to be more postive themselves which in turn created more space for us.

Most of our penetration came yet again from Doran who is a real example to others in the way he is always looking for the ball and looking to go forward.  If his percentage of good final balls and his shooting could improve a bit he would be tremendous.  MacKay was quality and Shinnie was the other player who had a cutting edge coming forward.  Very much the 3 stand out players for me.

Polworth settled in the 2nd half and had a couple of decent efforts.  His delivery from corners was good but he needs to hassle for the ball more and to be far more effective in his distribution.  I also don't get the Nick Ross adulation - he was tidy enough for the most part and there were one or two more telling passes but mostly it is the safe option from him and the creativity and penetration come from elsewhere.  He is bullied off the ball too much and seems reluctant to shoot.

It was hard work and the score flattered us.  However the one high spot was the 3rd goal which was a thing of real beauty.  A real top quality counter attacking team move which was worth the entrance money on its own.  More of that please and less of the side to side and passing it backwards stuff we saw for too much of yesterday.

http://caleythistleonline.com/page/index.html/_/reports-2013-14/inverness-ct-v-morton-sc-cup-report-r1097

Great report from AJS :clapoverhead:

Inverness surged past a luckless Morton eventually, but it took a power failure, two penalties and three second half goals to ensure their safe passage into the fifth round draw.