Accomplished performance against a potential banana skin. 2 well taken goals from Bill and 2 well taken penalties from Ross and Doran who both impressed overall. Marley looked a lot better, he's past Darren Thomson status ;). Great cross for Billy. Gutted for Toby. He was my audacious bet to score...

A pretty appalling first half, never seen so many misplaced passes by this current squad. We were obviously the team in the higher league but struggled to get any shots on target in first half. Ultimately we had 2 well taken penalties and then Billy took his goals well.

Incidentally, we had a minutes silence before the game too, for the Glasgow helicopter disaster.

We can certainly play better but we did the job. I thought Draper had a very poor first half in particular, one thing that he really needs to add to his game is knowing what to do with the ball before it reaches him. Much in second half, as was most notably Watkins. Lots of tidy work from Nick, and Doran was a constant threat. Polworth filled on comfortably for Foran for this game but needs more games lke this to be able to settle intp playing with team.

Next round please!

Clear difference in quality between the teams though we showed a bit of frustration at inability to break Morton down and got very sloppy for a while

Nick was quality with a number of dangerous runs, touches and passes. When we moved the ball quickly and with conviction we were dangerous however too many touches and taking the wrong option kept the score down.

Imrie still looks like a junior player with little quality. Managed to get fouls for falling over though??

Did Nacho Novo actually do anything right the whole game? Baffled how he managed to stay on the pitch

I thought on the whole it was a rather mediocre performance.  Ok, we did the job but the first half was boring as anything, and quite often we picked the wrong option, too sloppy in possession and nowhere near decisive enough.  The defence was fine (apart from one calamitous moment) and Mckay and Watkins looked dangerous.  Doran was good, but I really wish he'd work on his final ball a bit more and his shooting from outside the box is not very good at all.  Polworth was okay, but I doubt he is really ready for the first team yet, and too often goes for the "Hollywood Pass", which were often poor and overhit.  As others were saying, I thought Draper had a poor game and hasn't looked anywhere close recently to what he was like last season.

Morton really did look like a bottom of the table side and their keeper kept them in it.  Dougie Imrie seems to have gone backwards as a players, while Nacho Novo probably didn't break a sweat and looks to have gobbled up all the pies he can find!

Glad to be in the hat for the next round, but we should of been better I think.

Edited by Renegade

First half poor but what can you expect against a team who had everyone behind the ball. I thought we performed very well without actually going into second gear. No wonder Morton are bottom of the Championship.

Ross correctly awarded MOM. Watkins a close runner up. Hibs at home in next round please?

FFS was that really necessary - you've just gone and messed up my NPL max scores for both HT and FT!!!

Could have done with slipping in a bit of this match-fixing malarky there :wink:

Same here lol.

• Agree 1

1st half forgettable, especially a couple of shambolic moments at the back. Second half much better, Watkins and Ross were excellent. Final ball let us down at times, but deservedly in the next round. Penalty in 1st half was a clear foul on Draper as the ball came across. Don't care who we get in the next round - just happy to be there, given the circumstances!