Are we all just supporting acts?

bdu98196

Just read this, so thats the 2nd time this season they will be allowed to postpone games for more 'glamourous' reasons - surely if the fixtures are announced and there are no extreme factors such as weather etc and a team chooses not to play a game it should be forfited? Its like we are all just supporting acts to fit in around the whims of the OF teams.

Celtic have been granted permission to postpone their 11 January meeting with Kilmarnock so that they can have a winter break in Marbella. (The Record)

SPFL rules allow any team to postpone games and take a winter break during the first fortnight in January.

Just that no other team could ever afford to. The same as no other team would ever be invited to play in a 'glamour friendly'. These rules are only in place for the good of the OF.

• Agree 1

SPFL rules allow any team to postpone games and take a winter break during the first fortnight in January.

Just that no other team could ever afford to. The same as no other team would ever be invited to play in a 'glamour friendly'. These rules are only in place for the good of the OF.

Rules were agreed by all clubs....if others didn't want it, then they could have rejected the proposal.

Rules were agreed by all clubs....if others didn't want it, then they could have rejected the proposal.

Maybe one of the admins could do something here because it seems CaleyD's account has been hacked by Neil Doncaster

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, about overseas, I can't speak but reviewing the SPFL website yesterday I was struck by the fact that ICT was never mentioned except maybe for one obscure, grudging(?)  comment.  And when I came to look at the videos we were the very last on the list down the right side of the page available for download.

Crushing realisation that  this website does not WANT to recognise the fact that this highland team is now one of the best in Scotland and merits far more coverage than they are WILLING to give them.

In Park Gardens, and on this SPFL  site, if we win the league this will there be any joy or just chagrin that we managed to beat the other ones?

Scarlet, if we get too close to winning the league the powers that be will find some way of deducting points from us. .Probably for living in such a remote spot or for having the audacity to dare to upset poor Celtic and their plans for next seasons Euro adventure.

Probably for living in such a remote spot

I think they managed for several decades to penalise the Highlands for being in such a remote spot by keeping us out of national league football until 1994. That's therefore one of the reasons why I was delighted to see both ICT and Ross County in the top six of the SPL last season.

The likes of Clydebank (sic) chairman Jack Steedman, who said that Highland teams would get into the SFL over his dead body are perhaps now gone but I am still quite sure that there is a degree of central belt resentment about what has transpired up here over the last 20 years.

• Agree 4