Renegade

Your View On Hughes  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about John Hughes becoming manager of Caley Thistle?

• Delighted - He's a great choice.
    • Pleased - He's a decent choice.
    • Fairly Pleased - Not my first choice, but a decent one.
    • Optimistic - Not my first choice, but prepared to give him a chance.
    • Neutral - Don't have a feeling either way.
    • Fairly Disappointed - Didn't want him, not keen on him.
    • Disappointed - Really didn't want him and don't think he's the man for the job.
    • Wake me up when the nightmare's over!

I'd have thought it kind of goes without saying that everyone will "give him a chance".

True..  then again you don't have much choice!  accept it or don't go back, I know know what i'm doing.

Its a bollox appointment, the kind of thing I really hoped the board wouldn't do, another been around and done feck all manager. Plenty of young up and coming managers out there and we go for Yogi ! What exactly are they thinking ? hope the guy proves us all wrong be seriously fear the worst

• Agree 1

Poor Yogi - I wonder if all those brave, mouthy critics (who probably haven't a Scooby what they are talking about) would slag him to his face! :ohmy: :ohmy: I don't think so :boxing:. I think his success will depend on how strong his coaching and fitness team will be.

• Agree 1

Gutted. So disappointed for the lads. We had to see Butcher's departure as an opportunity for bringing in real quality and/or a man who would instantly command the respect of the players and we get....Yogi! The risk is an exodus in Jan and failure to turn this year of exceptional promise into mush. Please prove me wrong - humble pie is at the ready - but he'd better get off to a cracking start because December-Feb will define our season.

• Agree 1

CaleyThistle fans??

I can't believe what I am reading on here.

A professional team selected him but of course the arm chair know alls are sure the team is incompetent .

I agree that he will not have the name to attract some English players up here but... In my opinion, he will have a team of players prepared to run onto the park through shut doors for him.

My only concern is the FORAN factor - let's hope they see eye to eye.

• Agree 7

The RETURN of the dark glasses brigade...............I thought it was too good to be true.

The Cub have a history of choosing the right people, have a bit of faith.

To whom it may concern...................

Have you thought, if the club could choose it's supporters would you be selected ?........................ Just thought I'd ask !!

• Agree 5

To whom it may concern...................

Have you thought, if the club could choose it's supporters would you be selected ?........................ Just thought I'd ask !!

Great quote master Bughter......................... Give the man a chance, it's the least he deserves, he's no even sat in Butcher's chair yet. :ohmy:

Gone for 'Pleased - He's a decent choice'

Out of all the candidates mentioned in media / speculated about on here Yogi was in my top 3. I think I voted for Shiels in the other poll though.  However my reasons for being happy with Yogi are as follows (in no particular order):

Great motivator and a natural leader.

I've always thought he comes across as the type of manager that players would work their socks off for.

He tries to play on the deck football.

He is a real character in the Scottish game - good rapport and engaged with local community at Falkirk / Hibs.

Very big on youth development.

Reasonable record in Scotland.  Did well at Falkirk and very well at Hibs in his one full season there.

He's not been officially appointed yet though but i'm assuming he will be the manager. Welcome aboard :)

post-5792-0-04214300-1386103683.jpg

• Agree 1

As I said on another thread .... I am ok with this decision. there is something about Yogi I like and I think (hope) he will do well for us. Hartley's record looks better on paper, and he would have been my preferred choice if personal reasons hadnt put the kybosh on it, but lets face it, Butcher wasnt exactly Manager of the Year before heading to the TCS either ... its what he (JH) does at TCS that will matter and I will judge him on that .......

Personally I would have liked Hartley, but I have faith in the board, they have made successful appointments in the past so why not now? As a fan of ICT i support and follow the club and the players and if Hughes is the man in charge I will give him my backing and support. We have a strong team in a good position and the last few games have shown they know what they are doing so this gives him time to settle in and learn the players and club, then hopefully gel and build relationships to move us forwards.

• Agree 1

tbh never even considered Yogi to be in the running, but hey now that it looks like he has the job. We will see decent, on the deck footie. He is good at developing youff, has a big presence and is a big character. Passionate about his football and to the point as i remember him. Still remember the day we were relegated, and lets say Butcher was out manouvered  by Hughes Bairns, whose tactics werent pretty that day but who stayed up.

I look forward to watching some great on the eye football, but with players a bit more talented than his Bairns team, which points to good times.

Lets get behind Yogi, and the team. Remember we got a semi final to win in February, come on Yogi's Army.