Renegade

Your View On Hughes  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about John Hughes becoming manager of Caley Thistle?

• Delighted - He's a great choice.
    • Pleased - He's a decent choice.
    • Fairly Pleased - Not my first choice, but a decent one.
    • Optimistic - Not my first choice, but prepared to give him a chance.
    • Neutral - Don't have a feeling either way.
    • Fairly Disappointed - Didn't want him, not keen on him.
    • Disappointed - Really didn't want him and don't think he's the man for the job.
    • Wake me up when the nightmare's over!

I would be happy to get all the players to start the game then immediately sit down until time to restart after the other team score. Keep doing that until the board fire him.

So what if we lose 10 games in a row as long as we get a winner for a manager and not this numpty that gets fired from job after job as he fails to deliver.

The worst thing that could happen is if we continue 2nd win a cup or two as then we will be stuck with him as folk believe it was his doing.

Even Duncan Shearer gave us victories by playing the same team and tatics as Butcher, Hughes states he will not make changes as he knows that the players are the answer to him solidifying his position.

I would be happy to get all the players to start the game then immediately sit down until time to restart after the other team score. Keep doing that until the board fire him.

So what if we lose 10 games in a row as long as we get a winner for a manager and not this numpty that gets fired from job after job as he fails to deliver.

The worst thing that could happen is if we continue 2nd win a cup or two as then we will be stuck with him as folk believe it was his doing.

Even Duncan Shearer gave us victories by playing the same team and tatics as Butcher, Hughes states he will not make changes as he knows that the players are the answer to him solidifying his position.

Cutting ones nose to spite ones face?

If we finish 2nd and win a cup (or two as you mention) I will be abso-feckin-lutely delighted.  Surely that's John's job for this season?  You'd have him sacked for doing his job as well as we'd expect him to?

• Agree 5

If we finish 2nd and win a cup (or two as you mention) I will be abso-feckin-lutely delighted.  Surely that's John's job for this season?  You'd have him sacked for doing his job as well as we'd expect him to?

If we continue on winning form it will be absolutely nowt to do with Hughes capability but the fact that we have a decent team with high morale up until they heard his name as the new manager.

Shearer played Butchers team and tatics hence we continued winning. 

Reckon he got the job because he was cheap, certainly not because he is competent :P :P

If we finish 2nd and win a cup (or two as you mention) I will be abso-feckin-lutely delighted. Surely that's John's job for this season? You'd have him sacked for doing his job as well as we'd expect him to?

If we continue on winning form it will be absolutely nowt to do with Hughes capability but the fact that we have a decent team with high morale up until they heard his name as the new manager.

Shearer played Butchers team and tatics hence we continued winning.

Reckon he got the job because he was cheap, certainly not because he is competent :P :P

Well we'll agree to disagree then. I understand your scepticism but hope for the clubs sake you're wrong.

He has my support now which wasn't the case less than 24 hours ago.

Right.. i'd guess by your avatar that you are really a County fan? Anyway, your post(if serious) is the act of a spoilt 13 yr old posted just before you throw toys out of big pram!

I would love us to stay 2nd and reach a final and I don't really care who does it, what you don't realise is that ICT are not a huge club and cant pay big wages, like some(maybe most) of these players we bring in are not on big money, rather very modest money in fact,and any that show promise will be off, likewise managers (as we have seen)if successful will be offski.

We need a manager who wants to be here and wants to succeed, and Hughes has stated that he is delighted to be in Inverness and see's the team needing very little or no change, but like it or not we require a manager at the helm as Shearer is not keen to be there any longer.

I'm giving him my support for sure, and if you are an ICT fan you will too.

• Agree 2

post-5792-0-07677200-1386188874.jpg

Seems like a good strategy - have you thought of going into management? :lol:

Well I'm happy - I was excited at the prospect of a young, ambitious Hartley but Yogi was my 2nd choice.

Decent bloke and I think his past record is as good as any of the other names that were in the frame - they all had their negative sides - so all in all I think a safe pair of hands, motivational and reckon he could really bring on the young lads.

Welcome Mr Hughes, I look forward to seeing you lift a nice bit of silverware in the coming months!

Right.. i'd guess by your avatar that you are really a County fan? Anyway, your post(if serious) is the act of a spoilt 13 yr old posted just before you throw toys out of big pram!

I would love us to stay 2nd and reach a final and I don't really care who does it, what you don't realise is that ICT are not a huge club and cant pay big wages, like some(maybe most) of these players we bring in are not on big money, rather very modest money in fact,and any that show promise will be off, likewise managers (as we have seen)if successful will be offski.

We need a manager who wants to be here and wants to succeed, and Hughes has stated that he is delighted to be in Inverness and see's the team needing very little or no change, but like it or not we require a manager at the helm as Shearer is not keen to be there any longer.

No matter what happens this season I will never be behind Hughes.

If at the end of next season we do well then I will reconsider.

Do you doubt for one second that McKay will not be whisked away by an english cheque the moment the transfer window opens and he may not be the only one.

When that happens give it a few weeks and lets hear you all sing the same song of we are behind you

As to suggesting I am or ever have been a tinker from over the bridge then think again 

Do you doubt for one second that McKay will not be whisked away by an english cheque the moment the transfer window opens and he may not be the only one.

When that happens give it a few weeks and lets hear you all sing the same song of we are behind you

As to suggesting I am or ever have been a tinker from over the bridge then think again 

I may be wrong but I get the distinct impression that you are not wholly convinced by the appointment....

• Agree 1

Mr Asterisk

You have strong opinions despite your few posts to date.

That's O K 'cos I think our new manager will also have strong opinions, even if they may differ slightly.

But I think the previous poster was thinking more about "the thinker from over the bridge"  not the "tinker" . Well, at least, let's hope so. :lol:

Ehere is IHE when you need him...?

Qite the most baffling logic I have seen for a long time

post-4861-0-98047500-1386196816.jpg

Talk about dooming the bloke before he's even started.

Had a few hours to dwell on the news and have to admit, even after all the interviews and comments, I still think this decision is a ******* disaster.

Until last night, this was the first SPL season we've had where it doesn't feel as if the squad will fall apart towards the end with pre contract signings and complacency kicking in, costing us a decent finish in the league.  Hughes is exactly the man we need to come in and unsettle the players, throwing them off form and to eventually push them to the first paying clubs they can find when their time comes.

I dearly hope I'm proved wrong, it wont be until over a years time will we will see the fallout from Hughes stamping his dim personality all over the squad to find out.

• Agree 1