Renegade

Your View On Hughes  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about John Hughes becoming manager of Caley Thistle?

• Delighted - He's a great choice.
    • Pleased - He's a decent choice.
    • Fairly Pleased - Not my first choice, but a decent one.
    • Optimistic - Not my first choice, but prepared to give him a chance.
    • Neutral - Don't have a feeling either way.
    • Fairly Disappointed - Didn't want him, not keen on him.
    • Disappointed - Really didn't want him and don't think he's the man for the job.
    • Wake me up when the nightmare's over!

Mr Asterisk

You have strong opinions despite your few posts to date.

That's O K 'cos I think our new manager will also have strong opinions, even if they may differ slightly.

But I think the previous poster was thinking more about "the thinker from over the bridge"  not the "tinker" . Well, at least, let's hope so. :lol:

Ehere is IHE when you need him...?

IHE quite obviously working on categorising Yogi as he does not have a narcissistic personality.

From what I have found out so far Hughs has a decent track record, certainly better than Butchers was when he joined. He is inheriting a team that is performing well and he won't need to tinker to much with it. So for this season I think we will continue to do well unless he starts to mess around with the team.

However for me the crunch will come in the January Transfer window and over the summer to see if he can find the diamonds in the rough Butcher and Marsella were able to. The success of our club is defined how well we replace the good players we lose each year to better contracts from other teams. If Hughes is unable to do this we will certainly suffer in the years to come.

Had a few hours to dwell on the news and have to admit, even after all the interviews and comments, I still think this decision is a ******* disaster.

Until last night, this was the first SPL season we've had where it doesn't feel as if the squad will fall apart towards the end with pre contract signings and complacency kicking in, costing us a decent finish in the league.  Hughes is exactly the man we need to come in and unsettle the players, throwing them off form and to eventually push them to the first paying clubs they can find when their time comes.

I dearly hope I'm proved wrong, it wont be until over a years time will we will see the fallout from Hughes stamping his dim personality all over the squad to find out.

Where is the evidence for this. If the team gets to a final, wins a cup and finishes top 6 again, why would Hughes want to dismantle the team. If he keeps this team together, then he has a really strong base to work from and his job is much more secure. Nobody can say what will happen if other bigger clubs come in for our players but that would happen whoever was in charge.

• Agree 1

Where is the evidence for this. If the team gets to a final, wins a cup and finishes top 6 again, why would Hughes want to dismantle the team. If he keeps this team together, then he has a really strong base to work from and his job is much more secure. ]

My worry is it'll be the players doing whatever they can to get away from him, not him wanting to dismantle the squad.

The Internet being down ( not able to process my Xmas sales) , I decided to play my football manager game

The first headline I saw was Hughes sacked by  Torquay , I hope it is not an Omen

My wife says a 70 year old should not be playing games. But I love it

Who cares

I think Hughes is as good a choice as we could get. I don't suppose we pay the big wages.  needed to get a really big star.

In the game Aston Villa are paying me £49,000 a week. ( If only  )

I bet that's fairly standard in the Premier League down there. Hughes will be lucky to get that for a year.

The Celtic match at the end of the year will be a big test for John I am sure he will rise to the occasion. I am sure we will all be helping the team from the stands.

Ender -  I was down your way this week end gone - Ormskirk  Southport ( To see the 60s bands The Searchers and Jerry and the Pacemakers amongst others ) , glad to get home though, It's nice down there , but not as nice as here.

Where is the evidence for this. If the team gets to a final, wins a cup and finishes top 6 again, why would Hughes want to dismantle the team. If he keeps this team together, then he has a really strong base to work from and his job is much more secure. ]

My worry is it'll be the players doing whatever they can to get away from him, not him wanting to dismantle the squad.

Where on earth do you get that from. Pretty much every club he's been at the players love working with him.

Had he been at Hartepool from the start of the season and based on his teams form from November he'd have kept them up. He wasn't supported by the board at all there. But the players supposedly according to a player who was released along with him said they were all sad to see him go,

So of all the things we need to worry about, players not taking to him is probably bottom of the list.

And Richie seems pretty impressed, so I'll go with him. He is our captain after all.

• Agree 1

This is what's happened to ICT during Butcher's reign, apart from this season.  It'll be no surprise when our best players leave for a higher pay packet as they always have done.  Don't believe we can lay that at Yogi's feet.