The assistant manager thread

TopSix

Yogi & Baz?

I've warmed to John after seeing the interview but either way he'd have my full support, the choice of assistant manager could be pivotal in swaying others with reservations I feel.

I am impressed by him wanting to take his time over his decision, shows respect for the club and players IMO and also that he perhaps feels he's the one that has to fit in.

Really looking forward to Saturday now. 

..and a translator for the non-scots in all the team. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when JH was being introduced to the players:

Richie Foran: "........and tis is our number tree, Graeme Shinnie"

John Hughes: "eh? Whit's a 'Number Tree'?"

RF: "Eh?"

JH: "Aw ye mean shree"

RF: "No he's name's not Cheree, it's Graeme!"

JH: "Eh?"

:smile:

• Agree 6

Having been a wee bit deflated by the managerial choice, I'm kind of hoping that the assistant will be a name that inspires me, one that looks like forming a great management duo and who could potentially be the next manager.

We all know that the last management regime was successful despite comprising flawed individuals - but between them they had all bases covered and it worked well.

• Agree 1

There's certainly plenty of options out there. Hope he appoints an assistant soon so that we don't have another 50 odd pages of guesswork :whistle:

Possible candidates, although some wildly speculative; John Collins? Owen Coyle? Micky Barron? Barry Wilson? Ritchie Foran? Duncan Shearer? Charlie Christie? Chris Sutton?

What I find very interesting about the Assistant Manager appointment is the approach Yogi is taking.  It could be very easy for a football manager to take one of the guys they have worked with before as an Assistant.  Yogi wants to see how the players and current coaching staff operate and choose someone that will be suited well to not only being his Assistant but suited to the club as well.  That shows so much respect for the club and the players.  This makes me trust in him that he really is the right fit for the club. 

• Agree 2