The assistant manager thread

TopSix

Pretty shrewd move on Yogi's part watching the game from the stand today, he will be able to make a number of different assessments, game plan, attitudes, abilities, priorities etc. and see where he thinks he will be able to make improvements on tactics.

So far from his own attitude and general performance I can see where K C is coming from for this appointment. ...............I am getting more and more impressed and anticipation of successes is rising steadily.

Oops I should have put this in the new manager thread !..................another senior moment, no doubt I will have many more  :lol:

I'm going to put in a shout for Les Fridge here (fully expecting to be shot down in flames). I know Nairn have had a few quid to spend but 11 wins from their last 12 is an impressive statistic. After a dodgy start his team have really come on with eye-catching 4-1 wins over both Formartine & Wick.

A born and bred Invernessian he could really help Hughes settle into his new job. Would also save having to employ a goalkeeping coach.

Right I'll just go get my tin hat!

I was with you until you suggested him as goalkeeping coach.  :lol:

Ha ha! Yes I thought that would raise an eyebrow or two. However our previous keeper coach was hardly Peter Schmeichel but seemed to do ok.

I don't know if he done his badges, but if he has then surely goalkeeping coach is Ryan Esson's job to claim. I haven't been to many games this season, but at all of them Esson was doing some of the goalkeeping workouts, even before Marsella left, and he has been the man passing the ball back to the players doing the shooting practice, hence the reason I think he either has some badges or is at least working towards them.

Les fridge allegedly doesn't even pick the team at nairn it's just real life football manager from there wealthy backers,Ross Jack at Elgin is a first class coach and would bring a wealth of coaching experience.

Kenny Shiels? Used to be assistant at Hibs. Could concentrate on his youth coaching and community work without having to face the media. Think his demands would be reasonable, sounds deflated by his recent rejections and probably just wants to get back into football.  

Heard that Hughes has picked out the man he wants but he is currently in work. Apparently if he is unable to get the man he wants someone from inside the club will be promoted (Duncan Shearer or Scott Kellacher).

John Collins might be in with a shout. I really hope it's not Brian Rice!

As much as I pity Brian Rice having a gambling problem and suffering in the middle east, I think he would be pretty high maintenance if appointed. I do however hope his friends and family can raise the cash to get him out of what must be his hell!

I would be very surprised (horrified) if Rice got the job. At this level, we should be cherry picking some plum candidates, and/or from ICT past, present, and future. Rice, with no history with the club, would be taking the role as a handout from a pal, and that's not reason enough at this level, 3rd division stuff. He has got a lot of things to work out before he even thinks of getting back into a job of any sort. Can't see this as a goer at all.

• Agree 1