Brazil World Cup

Ten4

I think they'll beat Costa Rica pretty comfortably, and i don't mean by a few goals but i just think England are strong enough to overcome them.  Italy and Uruguay is another matter though, a great group to watch.  I had a feeling Uruguay would do well in the summer despite struggling to qualify and with them in the same group as Italy who aren't really that great at the moment and England i think it'll be a tough group to get out of.  I predict...

England + Uruguay to qualify (too tight to decide who tops the group)

Italy

Costa Rica

Ah, that tournament next summer. Now that FIFA have banned the drums, there will be next to no atmosphere, but at least snow will have melted up to 8,000 ft in the Swiss Alps by then so I know where I'll be most of my free time.

Talking of Switzerland, they've got a decent chance of getting through their group.

But France will no doubt come good at the right time.

Ecuador qualified on the strength of their home form. They picked up 22 points from 24 in home qualifiers with just 3 from 24 away, suggesting they aren't great 'travellers'....or maybe the advantage they get playing their home matches at high altitude is considerable.

I think Honduras will be competitive but without garnering many points.

I predict:

1. France
  2. Switzerland
  3. Ecuador
  4. Honduras