Radio Scotland coverage WORSE THAN USELESS

Macduffer

How long are we going to have to put up with the complete sh*te spewing out of Radio Scotland - and virtually no coverage for iCT.  We hit the post ffs and no mention! Chick Young not only anti-ICT, but says nothing whatever of any interest at all. 2nd in the league and we get less attention than Leagues 1 or 2.

PLEASE Kenny Cameron - can we have some investment in decent radio coverage for Caley Fans who cannot make games?

Agreed. I think Chick Young only mentioned about 5 of our players names over the course of the 90 minutes and spent the rest of the time talking about Jim Spence's new coat.

Edited by Guest

Im glad there is a thread on this. Was in town today. Got into car at 1645. Didnt hear caley result till 1705. Utter disgrace, i mean we're only 2nd in the league with a new manager...

Its already been said but the debate about who will be second between dons and dundee.u made me mad. No consideration for us who havent been outside top 2 all season. Fergie used to place newspaper headlines up on aberdeens dressing room walls when dons were on top so it would fire up players. Yogi should do same

I think it's really important that the club sorts this out for itself - and that if we are serious about being a club of stature in the SPL for the long-term, rather than a wee sideshow in the north, we have to invest in it.  How hard can it be?  Let's get into the 21st century.

I can't be doing with listening to that OAM drivel much longer.

It reached a new low on Saturday. Richard Gordon is bearable but they should take the secateurs to the rest of them starting with Willie Miller and Chick Young.When that's been thinned out they should get into Sportscene and get variety of guests who can talk some sense about Scottish football and never make us suffer Pat Nevin's nasal nonsense again.

Yes OCG, it is becoming quite apparent that Scotland ends north of Aberdeen and Perth, beyond that is of no real consequence to the mighty Lowlanders.

I had thought and dearly wished for complete reconstruction of the footballing body in Scotland at the height of the Ranger's fiasco but it has not materialised. The same incompetence is still emanating from the powers that be.

Equally I had thought and hoped that when the BBC put restrictions on broadcasts that they would have had a lot less of the silly banter and childish gamesmanship between the reporting staff that is prevalent on OAM and a lot more concentration on the football.

I am sure too that an air of neutrality would be appreciated more than the current bias portrayed by C Y, who despite his denials is  the biggest culprit, his cronies however are not that far behind.

The first rule in reporting should be accuracy the second neutrality....am I not correct Mr. B ??

They go on and on about Dundee Uniteds youngsters as if they are Fergies fledglings but never a word about how well our young players have done.

Billy McKay - 25

Ross Draper - 25

James Vincent - 24

Marley Watkins - 23

Graeme Shinnie - 22

Aaron Doran - 22

Nick Ross - 22

Josh Meekings - 21

Ben Greenhalgh - 21

Liam Polworth - 19

They don't get the credit or recognition they deserve.

• Agree 3

What the hell were the comments on Sportscene about?

Along the lines of Hughes will try and change our style of play to not be so direct and use the wings more?!

WTF?!?!

Have they watched us play this season.

A recent home game there was much talk of how many passes before we scored.

Doran uses the wings well and is amongst the leagues top for assists.

Shinnies is great at breaking up the wing.

These pr1cks do my head in, it's like they don't bother to watch us play and just assume we are 2nd by accident.

Use that for your "Siege mentality" Yogi!

@rseh0les.

• Agree 3

I am normally one who understands the limitations of the Radio Scotland coverage based on the cost cutting (ie. live commentary from one instead of all matches that we used to get) and the rights issues (ie. the UK Only annoyances) but I do have to say that in recent weeks, from a point where the coverage was average at best, it has nosedived dramatically.

This past weekend was absolutely horrendous. Chick Young should be nowhere near a microphone and the others - with the exception of Robbo - are not far behind. I have no interest in Spencey's new tartan hacking jacket or what the assembled motley crew are doing on the Saturday night, or for that matter, what amateur dramatics are on in Richard Gordon's home village that evening and getting a free plug. I came to hear informed commentary on the ICT match and in the absence of that perhaps some football related discussion. I got a cluster**** of inane drivel and a 'professional commentator' at our game who just couldn't be ar*** !!!

bad, bad, bad !!!!!

Personally I love this kind of attitude towards us. We end up with little or no pressure on us going into every game, which is where I think we perform to our best, and this (potentially) gives the players with additional motivation to prove doubters wrong.

#BringIt

#F**kSportsound

Edited by RiG