Celtics fans reputation in tatters

bauhaus

Supported, if you could call it supported, Liverpool from my earliest memories, before I supported any Scottish team. This was purely because I had an Aunt who lived 300 yards away from Anfield, and went to some games there when on holiday over a few years, when I was 4 - 7 years old. Unfortunately never been back since. This was all before we moved back to Inverness from Beauly, and before I found Inverness Thistle. Been a fan of both ever since, developing into ICT, but although I watch and support Liverpool every game, would never be in the Reds end if we were lucky enough to meet them in Europe.

Back to Celtic, agree they are making the right noises, but I do still think they underestimate how nasty some of their support is, and Rangers for that matter. It seems to be ignored by the press most of the time. Had issues with Rangers fans spitting at us once, but its happened at Celtic Park three times. The worst of which was when Thistle played at Parkhead in the cup, Thistle nearly scored when it was nil nil, and we were all of a sudden rained on with spit as they had let a couple of thousand Celtic fans into the away end. Kids were sent into our group to urinate on our feet with the warning shouted touch him and yer dead, one of the kids even too a crap in amongst us. Left at half time vowing to never return. Didn't learn my lesson though. 

Celtic should be fined and Motherwell awarded the points, or purely Celtic deducted the 3 points and given a very hefty fine. Rangers should get the same for the damage caused to Falkirks pitch. Financial penalties do not effect the fans who cause the problem, closing the stadium to the offending fans does - but dont ban the oppositions fans. We will see how the SFA deal with this after their light hearted ban to the Utd throat grabber and eye poker, and Gers Blackie, another small tap on the knuckles and suspended fine or something sounds about right

Oh dearAbsolutely no chance of deducting points from Celtic.  They could smash up all the seats and burn down every stand in the country but would have to be seen to qualify for Europe next season.......I mean to say what would Scotland do without both them and Rangers qualifying................Oh Dear I cant get the sarcastic smiley to work!

I've always thought that Celtic fans were 50% better than Rangers fans in their behaviour.By that I mean that I would give Rangers 1/10 and Celtic 1.5/10 :lol:Having said that the only times I've ever been spat on at the football in nearly 50 years were after the two cup wins over Celtic.

Funnily enough, the only time I have been spat on was by Celtic supporters although that was quite a few years ago now.Then again, I was in uniform at the time along with another RAMC medic. Explained it but didn't excuse it.

Pinch of salt springs to mind !!!!!!

Curious response - care to explain?