Steve Clarke sacked

Zoid

No, but it is the worst of a bad bunch.

I love the Scottish game now, no money, no transfer fees, just players playing for an honest day's pay.

In England, most players by the 70th minute are thinking ably whether Krug or Cristal champagne will do in the VIP section of the nightclub after the game. For us, it's which car offers the best cover.

I can't cheer for players like marlon king.

• Agree 1

I look at Celtic as the classic example of how money is king in football. They're considerably well behind Europe's best but equally way-ahead of their Scottish rivals.

He admits that his club can't possibly compete in Europe at the very top level as clubs like Barcelona have a wage bill of £250million as opposed to Celtic's £35million.

However, our wage bill is only £1.2million (?) so we're doing incredibly well and will always be well ahead of Celtic in terms of money paid per point gained.

I thought Clarke's sacking was harsh, particularly after how well he did for WBA last season.

But I suppose we should not be surprised by anything that happens in the total rat race which English football, particularly at the top level, has become. I've always maintained that foreign ownership, especially 'absentee' owners'  is bad for the long term health of the game.

Clarke won't be the only one in the next few weeks.  I don't fancy AVB's chances after today's result!

I thought Clarke's sacking was harsh, particularly after how well he did for WBA last season.

But I suppose we should not be surprised by anything that happens in the total rat race which English football, particularly at the top level, has become. I've always maintained that foreign ownership, especially 'absentee' owners'  is bad for the long term health of the game.

Clarke won't be the only one in the next few weeks.  I don't fancy AVB's chances after today's result!

He's gone too

From @craig_killie on Twitter:

"West Brom have won 3 of their 16 league matches this season and two of those were against sides in the relegation zone."

From ScoRoss on P & B:

"In 2013, P34 W7 D10 L17 Hardly seems a harsh decision. People said the same about Southampton sacking their manager last year and it hasn't turned out too badly for them."

Some food for thought.