Inverness CT -V- Aberdeen

Scotty

Owell after the first half I was fearing the worst but damn I am proud of the boys and that second half preformance!

There is one thing I would like and thats if we get a last minute corner get the keeper up if its all or nothing.

looking forward to taking on glasgows elite over our next two games XD

• Agree 1

Well, I'll give our new manager credit for his half time team talk!  Great fight back, and even 'what might have been' if Draper's great header had gone in at 2-4 down.

But the second half performance doesn't make up for our complete capitulation after Meekings' crazy mistake for the first goal, after we had been well on top possession-wise at that point.  We were just torn apart by Aberdeen's direct style of play in the latter stages of the first half.  Poor defending for most of the goals. I thought Warren could have done better for the second goal, and Doran was to blame for the third, losing the ball too easily in the middle of the park.

Maybe its just me, but I always think we look a better side with Raven playing.  All these recent clean sheets probably prove me wrong, but I don't like Shinnie at right back.

Don't know why Ross was hooked. I'd have had Doran off. I think he has been a passenger most of this season.

If I'd written this at half time, I'd have been much more critical of much of the team.  But I'm encouraged by the spirit shown in the second half, which I hope will continue, so I'm prepared to wait and see how we do in the next few games, before being super critical of some of the individual performances.

I had four local friends watching this game with me.  All of them thought that the football played by both sides was pretty good at times. Not a bad advert for Scottish football.

• Agree 3

What a fight back after a capitulation for 30 min. We definitely don't respond well to conceding the first goal. Warren had a poor game and we missed Watkins (Williams was a passenger and should have been hooked instead of Ross. Gutted that we didn't get the draw that our 2nd half deserved. McKay was outstanding and I thought Toby did well (although his presence encourages the long ball). A tricky spell of games coming, so hopefully the comeback will inspire a great performance at PT. Richie will be out for a few games with dislocated shoulder unfortunately!

• Agree 1

I suppose in the end, you can only take positives from the second half display - you can't fault the fact that we looked a different team, after making it look to easy for Aberdeen in the first half.  Raven though, has to come back in.  We looked a miles better team with him in there and I'd like to see Toby signed a bit longer.  In saying that though, I thought Danny Williams was worse than useless (what a waste of £10,000!), and Doran's heart didn't seem in it at all - he had a great chance to challenge an on-rushing Langfield in the second half and gave up.

I'd have liked to have seen Williams off instead of Ross as well, and possibly even Greenhalgh coming on as well (do we need another striker?).

Under Butcher, we'd have probably been utterly humped, but Hughes must be saying something right to get that reaction.  On another day we'd have come away with a point.

Edited by Renegade

Much better second half however I cannot fathom why we took Nick Ross off. All we've done is bypass the midfield since he went off and Aberdeen backline are winning everything.

Welcome to yogi :-(

That first half was one of the worst I've seen since the dark days of Brewster. We did not take Aberdeen seriously enough. They are one of the best teams in the league this season but they rolled us over with ease. Nice to see Robson hasnt matured with age, still dedicates his time to winding up supporters when he scores. 

The Shinnie at right back situation needs to end now. He got sussed very quickly. 3 out of the 4 goals came from Aberdeen cutting in from that side. Raven plugged the gap and should probably go back there and stay. 

Some folks near me were chanting Yogi out which Im glad to say provoked a strong reaction from people around them - did not see them again after half time. 

Whatever Yogi said at Half time worked. A lot more fight was shown 2nd half. 2 well taken goals from Billy and a stunning header from Shinnie. Could have been a well snatched point if Drapers header hadnt hit the post. Nevertheless it was a very spirited display, even without Foran who took a nasty knock at half time. Think if he has been on the point may well have been achieved. 

Watkins was a big miss today. His tracking back as well as his attacking skills. Williams didnt offer enough. Got pushed off the ball far too easily and shouldve been hooked instead of Nick.

The response in the 2nd half was good but the first 20 minutes was nothing short of shambolic. That cannot happen again. Interesting to see how we fair against Celtic next week. 

A mad 30 minutes cost us the game. We were much the better team for 60 of the 90 minutes.

Warren got roasted by Vernon, first time I've seen him so outplayed. Williams just didn't feature and Doran is very disappointing. Agree with all the positive comments about Raven, great game.

I reckon we should do what Dundee United have with their stars and offer Mckay an extension to his contract now. If he stays we win. if he goes we get a bigger fee.

Gutted we couldn't salvage a point but can't wait for our next 2 home games.

• Agree 1