John Hughes

Azgaz

Oh don't they just love moaning..................must be near Christmas.................... in fact:-

Happy Christmas to All ICT...togetherness is our slogan and along with our Squad most of our followers keep to it.

There's always a few exceptions to every rule, that's what lets principles down.

There is a terrible amount of negative talk on here re Yogi wether he was your choice for Manager or not give the man a chance  to see what he does and after a decent period of time then criticise if you must. In the meantime we should all be backing him 100%

• Agree 2

Could not agree more -Hughes is an embarrassment and will set cally back years IMO -4 nill down to a team that could not beat or score against a championship side - writing is in the wall already .

And that team is currently above everyone but Celtic (inevitably) and Dundee United (via goal difference).  That's a ridiculous comment to pull out one bad result in a good season for Aberdeen.  Says more about you* than it does about the manager.

*as does the spelling of 'cally' - I find that suspicious.  There's something curious about your posts that tells me you have an agenda over and above simple success for ICT.

• Agree 4

Since when are we obligated as fans of this club to give Hughes a chance as manager?  No employee of the club should be untouchable from criticism, no matter the length of service.  Kenny Cameron has done little to defend the decision, the interview apparently didnt even include talk of who his coaching team would involve?  Hardly the diligence we'd expect from Scotlands Chairman of the Year.

It was never explained to me as an 11 year old that being supportive of our first team coach was conditional of being a CT fan, even if I thought it was going to lead to disaster later, we're all supposed to fall in line?  We aren't Liverpool, Rangers, Celitc etc lets not be stupid and delude ourselves that we're fighting for some sort of cause, 'togetherness' or 'team yogi' are just as contrived as any of the pish the fans of those teams come up with to rally behind, we don;t need it. 

Lets try and be ourselves, which is better than that.  Don't cheapen the real bond all ICT fans have with each other, forged in defiance of all the Old Firm/Premiership fans that surround us no matter where we live.  When I speak to a stranger for the first time and they mention theyre an ICT fan, instantly I've something deeper in common with them than any happy-clapper, apologist BS slogan on a forum I'm expected to jump on board with. 

Seeing TEAM YOGI on here makes me bloody cringe when 90%+ of people on here didnt want him when other candidates were still on the table, you can't feign passion so why pretend otherwise?  Togetherness comes as standard with supporting this team, proclaiming it in defence of the clubs stupid decisions and poor shows on the pitch cheapens the term entirely.

My colours are nailed to the mast, we hired the wrong man and Cameron has embarrassed the club.  Id be delighted to see the leader of 'team yogi' chucked tonight and on the dole boxing day.

Merry Christmas lol

Since when are we obligated as fans of this club to give Hughes a chance as manager? No employee of the club should be untouchable from criticism, no matter the length of service. Kenny Cameron has done little to defend the decision, the interview apparently didnt even include talk of who his coaching team would involve? Hardly the diligence we'd expect from Scotlands Chairman of the Year.

It was never explained to me as an 11 year old that being supportive of our first team coach was conditional of being a CT fan, even if I thought it was going to lead to disaster later, we're all supposed to fall in line? We aren't Liverpool, Rangers, Celitc etc lets not be stupid and delude ourselves that we're fighting for some sort of cause, 'togetherness' or 'team yogi' are just as contrived as any of the pish the fans of those teams come up with to rally behind, we don;t need it.

Lets try and be ourselves, which is better than that. Don't cheapen the real bond all ICT fans have with each other, forged in defiance of all the Old Firm/Premiership fans that surround us no matter where we live. When I speak to a stranger for the first time and they mention theyre an ICT fan, instantly I've something deeper in common with them than any happy-clapper, apologist BS slogan on a forum I'm expected to jump on board with.

Seeing TEAM YOGI on here makes me bloody cringe when 90%+ of people on here didnt want him when other candidates were still on the table, you can't feign passion so why pretend otherwise? Togetherness comes as standard with supporting this team, proclaiming it in defence of the clubs stupid decisions and poor shows on the pitch cheapens the term entirely.

My colours are nailed to the mast, we hired the wrong man and Cameron has embarrassed the club. Id be delighted to see the leader of 'team yogi' chucked tonight and on the dole boxing day.

Merry Christmas lol

I read the first sentence then didn't bother with the rest. What a pathetic statement.

• Agree 3

CH2--So what have you achieved by depositing all this anger, vitriol and negativity into our laps at this exact time of year?

You refer to yourself as a true friend of the team  but, in your view, his sole mission and the way he goes about it surely going to destroy it. What would you say if one of YOUR star candidates spoke  the words that Mr Hughes has spoken and then failed?

The problem with your attitude is that you don't believe that he is sincere. Well, I do.

What would you prefer?  That he took a stapler and clipped his lips together and said nothing? 

By attempting to undermine the  Manager before he has even had the opportunity to firmly get his feet under the table,  you  are far from a true friend and supporter of ICT.

What a ridiculous post!

• Agree 4

Could not agree more -Hughes is an embarrassment and will set cally back years IMO -4 nill down to
a team that could not beat or score against a championship side
- writing is in the wall already .

And that team is currently above everyone but Celtic (inevitably) and Dundee United (via goal difference).  That's a ridiculous comment to pull out one bad result in a good season for Aberdeen.  Says more about you* than it does about the manager.

*as does the spelling of 'cally' - I find that suspicious.  There's something curious about your posts that tells me you have an agenda over and above simple success for ICT.

Eh I wish caley thistle nothing but success and for you to suggest anything else sums you up . This is an open forum so I'm allowed an opinion just like you are . The current league position is down to butcher and that's just a fact so get real and mark my words .

CH2--So what have you achieved by depositing all this anger, vitriol and negativity into our laps at this exact time of year?

You refer to yourself as a true friend of the team  but, in your view, his sole mission and the way he goes about it surely going to destroy it. What would you say if one of YOUR star candidates spoke  the words that Mr Hughes has spoken and then failed?

The problem with your attitude is that you don't believe that he is sincere. Well, I do.

What would you prefer?  That he took a stapler and clipped his lips together and said nothing? 

By attempting to undermine the  Manager before he has even had the opportunity to firmly get his feet under the table,  you  are far from a true friend and supporter of ICT.

What a ridiculous post!

"You refer to yourself as a true friend of the team"

"The problem with your attitude is that you don't believe that he is sincere"

Where did I type either of those?  It's not his sincerity I question, I'm sure he believes in himself and wants to do well for all of us.

That last post of mine was critical of the fans who blindly support any **** theyre spoon fed, then even worse, turn on those who don't fall into line.

My original point stands, we're under no obligation as supporters to back Kenny Camerons decision to hire Hughes as manager whatsoever and nor is it a measure of our loyalty. 

I can hear sleigh bells... shall catch up on boxing day.  Take care.

Edited by clacher_holiday2

Since when are we obligated as fans of this club to give Hughes a chance as manager? No employee of the club should be untouchable from criticism, no matter the length of service. Kenny Cameron has done little to defend the decision, the interview apparently didnt even include talk of who his coaching team would involve? Hardly the diligence we'd expect from Scotlands Chairman of the Year.

It was never explained to me as an 11 year old that being supportive of our first team coach was conditional of being a CT fan, even if I thought it was going to lead to disaster later, we're all supposed to fall in line? We aren't Liverpool, Rangers, Celitc etc lets not be stupid and delude ourselves that we're fighting for some sort of cause, 'togetherness' or 'team yogi' are just as contrived as any of the pish the fans of those teams come up with to rally behind, we don;t need it.

Lets try and be ourselves, which is better than that. Don't cheapen the real bond all ICT fans have with each other, forged in defiance of all the Old Firm/Premiership fans that surround us no matter where we live. When I speak to a stranger for the first time and they mention theyre an ICT fan, instantly I've something deeper in common with them than any happy-clapper, apologist BS slogan on a forum I'm expected to jump on board with.

Seeing TEAM YOGI on here makes me bloody cringe when 90%+ of people on here didnt want him when other candidates were still on the table, you can't feign passion so why pretend otherwise? Togetherness comes as standard with supporting this team, proclaiming it in defence of the clubs stupid decisions and poor shows on the pitch cheapens the term entirely.

My colours are nailed to the mast, we hired the wrong man and Cameron has embarrassed the club. Id be delighted to see the leader of 'team yogi' chucked tonight and on the dole boxing day.

Merry Christmas lol

My colours are nailed to the mast, we hired the wrong man and Cameron has embarrassed the club. Id be delighted to see the leader of 'team yogi' chucked tonight and on

Edited by Guest

Azgaz. Are you the man from Section E that I politely asked to F**k off just before half time and then never returned?

AJ still blinkered as usual

I've never been trolled before, I love how you go out of your way for me. Still feeling important...havent mastered spelling my name though I see. 

I'll confess that I've not been around enough lately to follow every interview, and have only seen Hughes' games on TV.  He was not my first choice and I wasn't exactly delighted when the annoucnement was made.

But that doesn't matter.  What Hughes says, or is reported to focus on, about our local youth; playing attractive football (reputedly); and making slight changes rather than drastic, all strikes me as pretty spot on.  

We clearly have a good group, and I don't see why it can't continue to achieve.  With tweaks here and there and maybe a reinforced coaching staff why can't we continue to compete, and surpass a very attractive Dundee Utd side and a big spending Aberdeen?  Of couse I have my reservations but why the hell would the man's comparatiive lack of loqaciousness put us off, or his recent record.  As fot the latter we're a club apart as our managers and players continually prove.  And as for the former I couldn't give a fig.

Merry Christmas.

• Agree 1

Could not agree more -Hughes is an embarrassment and will set cally back years IMO -4 nill down to a team that could not beat or score against a championship side - writing is in the wall already .

Eh I wish caley thistle nothing but success and for you to suggest anything else sums you up . This is an open forum so I'm allowed an opinion just like you are . The current league position is down to butcher and that's just a fact so get real and mark my words .

Why, what does it say about me? Only that I'm suspicious of the things you've said.  Here's some examples that just seem a bit weird to me....

Why do you still have a pic of Paul Hartley as your icon?  He's never played for ICT.  There was consideration for the manager's job but is that really a connection?  There's no guarantee he'd even accept that offer if it was forthcoming. You said yourself his staff said he'd dodged a bullet.  How do you know this? What did it mean?

It just strikes me as though there's an agenda beyond being a simple fan.

Why, what does it say about me? Only that I'm suspicious of the things you've said.  Here's some examples that just seem a bit weird to me....

Why do you still have a pic of Paul Hartley as your icon?  He's never played for ICT.  There was consideration for the manager's job but is that really a connection?  There's no guarantee he'd even accept that offer if it was forthcoming. You said yourself his staff said he'd dodged a bullet.  How do you know this? What did it mean?

It just strikes me as though there's an agenda beyond being a simple fan.

No agenda here-if you think being 4nill down to Aberdeen is ok then that's fine by me -would that have happened under butcher ! No chance IMO

Anyone who's already decided that Hughes is amazing and beyond all criticism or on the other hand, believe he's utterly terrible, is nothing more than a fool.  I, like the majority of people on here, did not have Hughes down as the man I wanted, nor was I happy with the appointment, nor was do I still really have any idea what it was about the man, that made the board appoint him.

From my general feel about his appointment, would I be surprised if Hughes is out the door by mutual consent in 18 months?  Not really.  Would I be surprised if Hughes is a relative success at ICT?  Not really.  Would I be surprised if Hughes in the end was a huge success?  In all honesty, I would be.

Next season, we'll find out well and truly how good this guy really is.  Anyone who has already decided that he's an incredible choice and beyond all and any criticism until the end of time, or those who believe he's horrendous and should be punted ASAP though, are nothing more than fools.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

Butcher's gone.  He left us.

(and we lost 4-0 to St Johnstone under his guidance - a much worse result than a draw with Aberdeen)

Hartley was nothing more than a possibility. Seems strange hero-worshipping someone with no connection to the club that gave no indication of a desire to be here.

I'm dubious about Hughes but I'll wait and see.

Butcher's gone.  He left us.

(and we lost 4-0 to St Johnstone under his guidance - a much worse result than a draw with Aberdeen)

Hartley was nothing more than a possibility. Seems strange hero-worshipping someone with no connection to the club that gave no indication of a desire to be here.

I'm dubious about Hughes but I'll wait and see.

Oh right I'm a hero worshiper -look at Hartleys record as a player plus 25 caps for Scotland -back to back promotions -took Aberdeen to penalties and is in the top half of the championship with his part timers -yes he was my choice and I do think Hartley got cold feet after meeting the board .

"Since when are we obligated as fans to give Hughes a chance as manager?"

We are not obligated to do anything as fans. Most fair minded people would support, or at the least not attempt to undermine a new manager who has been selected after a lengthy review by a management team with a successful track record.

We are not obligated to do anything as fans. Most fair minded people would support, or at the least not attempt to undermine a new manager who has been selected after a lengthy review by a management team with a successful track record.

Would the selection of John Hughes have anything to do with no compo having to be paid and Hartleys wage demands !! I wonder :-)

Would the selection of John Hughes have anything to do with no compo having to be paid and Hartleys wage demands !! I wonder :-)

Would the selection of John Hughes have anything to do with him impressing the board the most at interview !! I wonder :-)

Errrr he wasn't my 1st choice (or 2nd or 3rd), but can we not give him to the end of the season at least before declaring him as the devil incarnated.

His record shows nothing to suggest that he will immediately destroy any team he's at. In fact if anything the team he has left behind at any club is usually a far stronger one than he inherited... in every case, no matter his personal success. 

People are acting like we've re hired Brewster. It's downright barmy.

Yes he's not the most articulate, but it's not top of my agenda when he's involved in football, especially given that intelligence is evidently not a qualification required to critique football managers 3 games into their job

Lets look at those 3. 1st one St Mirren. Draw. Good result. Has anyone seen how dire our record is against St Mirren. It's not that good. I was fairly satisfied with a point as it was one on the fixture list that I had marked as a banana skin. Hearts Win 2-0 away. Good result, though expected against an inexperienced much weakened Hearts. tynecastle is still a very unhappy hunting ground for us. Aberdeen 4-3 loss. He must have said something worthwhile in the dressing room to change it round because we were dead and buried. Aberdeen however have been flying of late and are another team we tend to not get many point of.  4 points from 9 is fairly good from 3 tough fixtures and some people really need a realitiy check.