John Hughes

Azgaz

• 1 month later...

2 wins in 10 league games (2 in 12 including cup).

Despite the euphoria of the semi final it's been an appalling start to the Hughes reign. Still a hell of a lot of work to do if he's to convince the majority that he's in any way deserving of this opportunity he's been given.

2 wins in 10 league games (2 in 12 including cup).

Despite the euphoria of the semi final it's been an appalling start to the Hughes reign. Still a hell of a lot of work to do if he's to convince the majority that he's in any way deserving of this opportunity he's been given.

And what was wrong with his performance today? Picked the right team, they were creating countless chances and, on another day, would gave had 3/4 goals. Can't blame Yogi for this one in my view.

• Agree 7

Donview--I knew that. But it just slipped my mind...

Er--who is Jose Mourinho anyway--is he in the footie business? Not a John Hughes clone by any chance?

Banging the head happened to me out in the field a lot when I was working, before retiring. Wearing a cap will do that to you--the brim obscures the overhangs, metal stanchions sticking out, etc. That's why construction guys wear hard hats I guess. :smile:

It's also the bosses of the  Universe trying to knock some sense into you as well.. In my case they are still trying. Problem is I just forget what they are telling me on a day-to-day basis. :wink:

Nothing wrong with the style of football or the team selection today. If that's what is to come with Hughes, I'll not be complaining. The guys really had no luck today in front of goal - frustrating as it was, it is hard to find anything to moan about....except failing to get the ball over the line!

• Agree 6