Strengthen during transfer window?

Guest Mahonio

We need a strong and tall centre forward to act as foil for MacKay

FOr last few games midfield has been powderpuff, and now Draper is suspended for ???? games and no Foran or Vincent we will really struggle in short term and it is whether that is worth the gamble of leaving as is

Lots of cash being tied up on long term deals and just hope that the board are careful they are only offering deals to players we would find hard to replace. We can look to replace 3 or 4 first teamers each year especially as we have Christie and polworth making the breakthrough this year. We need to continually improve and should be wary of being too generous to journeymen pros that should be able to be replaced fairly easily at the end of the season.

1 or 2 centre mids are now essential. Even if they are loans for the end of the season. Polworth and Christie are not holding mids, nor is Williams. 

1 or 2 centre mids are now essential. Even if they are loans for the end of the season. Polworth and Christie are not holding mids, nor is Williams.

None of them have the strength to be unfortunately. Once James Vincent comes back then things might look a bit more rosier.

I might be getting this all wrong but noises from TCS are we are not bringing players in and we are looking to retain the current squad.

Down at Easter Road the story is they are going to bring in some quality players to add to their squad and from the language used I get the feeling some are already lined up.

Here's hoping the two are not linked but we definitely need to be looking at strengthening the squad due to more possible departures, injuries and suspensions.

It is definitely going to be an interesting few weeks both off and on the pitch that may well determine how this season pans out.

With TB leaving and taking his team he will have probably got a list of targets already lined up and potentially scouted from when they were still here. Do we even have a network at the moment and based on the limited time Yogi has been here can we expect an influx of quality players even if we had the budget? Tying key players to longer deals (Draper) has to be the Jan priority and keeping Billy here. Unless we can get real quality additions for midfield and up front then there is little point if they are going to be no better than what we have as we can play Polworth, Christie and Toby and give youth a chance.

What about Michael Gardyne?  I know he is/was away on loan at Kilmarnock, but he was very good at Ross County in the First Division.  Could he be the type of players who could revitalise his career at a team like ours?

Wasn't sure what topic to put this in but got a few bits of information:

Apparently Toby is definitely on his way out of the club

Marley Watkins has been linked with Hibs but apparently he is close to signing a new contract along with Carl Tremarco and Danny Williams

With TB leaving and taking his team he will have probably got a list of targets already lined up and potentially scouted from when they were still here. Do we even have a network at the moment and based on the limited time Yogi has been here can we expect an influx of quality players even if we had the budget? Tying key players to longer deals (Draper) has to be the Jan priority and keeping Billy here. Unless we can get real quality additions for midfield and up front then there is little point if they are going to be no better than what we have as we can play Polworth, Christie and Toby and give youth a chance.

Just to clarify something regarding the scouting at ICT....as I understand it.  Marsella was not the only scout, he was the chief scout.  What this meant was that ICT's other contacts would highlight potential targets and Marsella would then spend time travelling around to have a look at them for himself before giving the nod to TB on the ones he thought were worth consideration.

Yogi has added a few of his own contacts to that network and I believe there's 2 or 3 people he trusts in the same was as TB trusted Marsella.

Only time will tell on how effective the setup remains, but with Yogi looking inwards as well as outwards then hopefully we'll see more opportunity for our own youngsters and a reduced dependence on bringing players in from afar.

• Agree 1

Sounds good enough to me - also how many players from England or Afar, got us to the SPL in the 1st place?

Yes, one or two maybe, but mostly bred from the North of Scotland !

Changed days now tough I know but I feel we should be able to find more Tokelys Munros etc

Sounds good enough to me - also how many players from England or Afar, got us to the SPL in the 1st place?

Changed days now tough I know but I feel we should be able to find more Tokelys Munros etc

"....mostly bred from the North of Scotland..."!!!!

I am struggling to see how most of the squad that returned us to the SPL are from the North of Scotland!?

Grant Munro and Stuart Golabek are the only two I can think of.

Tecnnically, Ryan Esson, Ross Tokely and Russell Duncan were born and bred in the Aberdeen area.

But the rest of the squad were guys like,

Jonny Hayes

Nauris Bulvitis

Dan Stratford

Lee Cox

Dani Sanchez

Lionel Djebi-Zadi

Adam Rooney

Robert Eagle

David Proctor

Richie Foran

Dougie Imrie

Eric Odhiambo

• Agree 1

"....mostly bred from the North of Scotland..."!!!!

I am struggling to see how most of the squad that returned us to the SPL are from the North of Scotland!?

Grant Munro and Stuart Golabek are the only two I can think of.

Tecnnically, Ryan Esson, Ross Tokely and Russell Duncan were born and bred in the Aberdeen area.

But the rest of the squad were guys like,

Jonny Hayes

Nauris Bulvitis

Dan Stratford

Lee Cox

Dani Sanchez

Lionel Djebi-Zadi

Adam Rooney

Robert Eagle

David Proctor

Richie Foran

Dougie Imrie

Eric Odhiambo

The 1st time we got promoted to the spl was when?

The list shown above makes our current squad look like superstsrs!