Young Christie

caleyboy

Yeah the talent is there and I feel a breakthrough is imminent although I just hopehe hasn't inherited his fathers gene of bottling it when the going gets tough

Dougal

Harsh, unnecessary and somewhat inaccurate representation of 10CC in my opinion. One of ICT's greatest ever players and you portray him as a bottler - substantiated explanation required please.

• Agree 3

Yeah the talent is there and I feel a breakthrough is imminent although I just hopehe hasn't inherited his fathers gene of bottling it when the going gets tough

Dougal

Even for the most tedious troll on here that's absolutely pathetic.

• Agree 4

So Charlie never bottled it went he went off to Celtic? Thought he returned homesick correct me if I'm wrong

So Charlie never went missing at important games while at Caledonian Fc.? Ask Mantis or the Immortal Jungle Ender!!

So Charlie was a success as ICT manager? Eh no!!!

I'm not doubting Charlie's ability he probably is up there with the most talented players ever to come out of Inverness

Dry yer eyes RiG at least this thread as given you a chance to add to your tens of thousands of posts on here and P&b with your top class banter and wit that everyone loves

Dougal

Up until now we were playing well with a settled team so leaving younger players out was easy, but I think we will start to see more of Christie, showed some good touches and movement. We still have Pepper and Polworth who can make the step up too - I also think with Greehalgh and Williams these boys need time too - but we are now in the situation where the expectation of getting Europe is so high among fans would people accept it if we start playing more youth and loose games?

I say more game time, but never understand the point in making subs with 5-10 mins left, not fair on anyone - either give them 20-30mins to get into the game and make an impact or just not bother.

So Charlie never bottled it went he went off to Celtic? Thought he returned homesick correct me if I'm wrong

So Charlie never went missing at important games while at Caledonian Fc.? Ask Mantis or the Immortal Jungle Ender!!

So Charlie was a success as ICT manager? Eh no!!!

I'm not doubting Charlie's ability he probably is up there with the most talented players ever to come out of Inverness

Dry yer eyes RiG at least this thread as given you a chance to add to your tens of thousands of posts on here and P&b with your top class banter and wit that everyone loves

Dougal

Typical negative garbage from you Dougal.

CC couldn't break into a talented 1st team at Celtic and came back north to reinvigorate his "stuttering" career. Not a bottler, but a wise man with the balls to start over after it hadn't quite worked out at Celtic.

Missing in big games - like his MotM performance in the 3-1 cup win vs Celtic?

I think I'm right in saying that his stats as manager are actually quite good. Also, if rumours are true, one of the determining factors in quitting as manager was the impact it had on his family. A real man, putting his family first.

Bottler my arse.

Dougal, I think you should consider the impact of your posts before sharing them. Mr Christie jnr is likely to read this thread following his first team debut and your unwarranted, inflammatory and misguided comments will do him, his family, the players at large and the club no good whatsoever.

You have, as RiG said, managed to turn what should be a positive thread into a sideshow of Dougal Negativity.

If Mr Christie jnr turns out make half the contribution to this club that his father did, then he will have been a real success in his own right. He has the potential, and now needs EVERYONES support and encouragement to assist him in allowing it to materialise.

• Agree 4

Look Bush I really want to see Ryan break into the first team I wish him the very best and from what I've seen of him in action I think he will be a huge success at ICT as was his father

Not once have I stated Charlie was not a success at ICT

If he was on the verge of breaking into the talented Celtic first team though I find it odd that he returned to Highland League Football

Dougal

Edited by dougal

He wasn't on the verge of breaking through at Celtic though. He was like many players before him, made the jump but found himself marginalised. He became unhappy so put his happiness 1st. That showed bottle.

He was quite successful as manager in my opinion. Team played some of it's best football in the SPL with him in charge and he helped make a great team. This was when we had one of the best attacks in the league, the meanest defence and had it not been for the split finish 4th going by our points total. I believe it was our highest ever total achieved at the time.

Good on young Christie though, hope he can make an impact soon. He has promise.

• Agree 1

If people would stop feeding the troll then this thread WOULD be about Ryan. Dougal is looking for a reaction...people are queuing up to give him one. If everyone had ignored him he would have gone away.

Anyway, I first saw Ryan play about 18 months ago and thought he looked a special talent then. Probably seen him play about 8 times since and he has always impressed me. I think he deserves to start against County playing behind McKay, with Watkins & Doran out wide.

• Agree 1

If people would stop feeding the troll then this thread WOULD be about Ryan. Dougal is looking for a reaction...people are queuing up to give him one. If everyone had ignored him he would have gone away.Anyway, I first saw Ryan play about 18 months ago and thought he looked a special talent then. Probably seen him play about 8 times since and he has always impressed me. I think he deserves to start against County playing behind McKay, with Watkins & Doran out wide.

Spot on. He thoroughly deserves a start based on his showing yesterday and his scoring exploits in the U20 league. The club should move now to ensure we have him with us on a long-term deal.

As critical as I was about Hughes appointment, I have more faith in him than previous managers to give home grown young players a chance.

Christie looked terrific in pre season and by all accounts has impressed in the U21s. He's earned his place on the bench.

• Agree 2