Starting XI for the 1st

TopSix

Brill

Raven Meekings Warren Shinnie

Draper    Ross      

Doran                              Greenhalgh   

Watkins

Mckay

I suspect we will start as we did v Celtic however I wouldn't be adverse to the following:

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Tremarco

Draper Shinnie

Doran Ross Watkins / Williams

Mckay

I think Shinnie is a better option alongside Draper than Williams who I would prefer to see deployed further forward. I know that when Watkins has played he has done so on the right hand side but I would be keen to get the Doran / Raven link up going again.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

Brill

Raven - Warren - Meekings - Shinnie

Draper - Tremarco

Doran             -             Williams

Ross

McKay

Christie comes in the 60th minute in the place of Ross and Adgestein comes in the 75th minute in the place of McKay. They play together I think with the U20s. So I think they could do some nice movements between them.

Brill

Raven - Warren - Meekings - Tremarco

Draper - Shinnie

Doran - Christie - Wadkins

McKay

Ross for Christie if things don't work out.

Edited by caleyboy

I am amazed at the number of posters promoting Ryan Christie to the first team already and especially against Ross County. He has no experience at this level yet but by all means have him on the bench and bring him on later if required to get experience.

• Agree 1

Don't know anybody who does not want Raven back at RB, Shinnie is best at LB, so that's the way it should be.

Also I don't think Christie should start, we need our best, experienced players out there on Wednesday, beating the gudgies is very important.

I am amazed at the number of posters promoting Ryan Christie to the first team already and especially against Ross County. He has no experience at this level yet but by all means have him on the bench and bring him on later if required to get experience.

Ryan deserves his chance, and I'm not basing this on 5 minutes against Celtic. I don't know how many under 20s games you've seen this season but I've been to quite a few. In a team regularly featuring Williams, Polworth, Pepper, Greenhalgh & Agdestein he often stands out as the class act.

Besides, County are shyte. Never get a better opportunity to blood a youngster risk free.

• Agree 4

Would like to see Raven back in the team as we do miss him in both defence and attack, with the link up play between him and Doran being superb at times at the beginning of the season. That said, I think Tremarco was our best player v Celtic and has done superbly well since breaking into the team so doesn't warrant being dropped. Williams has been given a fair bit of game time, yet has been pretty invisible the majority of the time and hasn't shone. I'd move Shinnie forward to left wing and make use of the attacking flair he has. Christie should also get more of a run out coming on in say 60 - 70 mins, IMO.

I'd go with:

Brill

Draper Ross

Doran Watkins Shinnie

Mckay

(EDIT) Just remembered Shinnie played left wing for the majority of the 2nd half v Aberdeen. Evidence if need be that we should play him there tomorrow and look to attack them from the start and get an early goal or 4.

Edited by ICTFCkev

Unanimous support for Raven to come back in and i totally agree. Really hoped we would have seen him against Celtic. I think Tremarco is doing a solid job where he is and while Shinnie is by far the better player in that position, GS is very versatile and i think he'd do a great job alongside Draper. GS has presence, is great on the ball and has the experience. Christie to start is a bit premature but would like to see him get some playing time over the next few games. Williams playing where he is just now is detrimental to those around him, not to destroy the lad but there far is better options. JH must be seeing an absolute superstar of Williams in training if he is picked in the starting slot there tomorrow.

• Agree 1

Brill

Raven, Meekings, Warren, Shinnie

Ross, Draper

Watkins, Christie, Doran

McKay

Subs: Esson, Tremarco, Devine, Polworth, Pepper, Toby, Greenhalgh

------------------Brill

----------------Draper Shinnie

Watkins-----------------------------Doran

------------------------Ross

-------------------------Mackay

Press them hard early on, lots of energy, closing them down so that they are unsettled. With their current lack of confidence, and some robust challenges from our players, they might lose the mind games early (before they then go on to lose the real game as well).

Edited by Bush

Brill

Draper Shinnie

Doran Ross Watkins

McKay

Raven must play and Shinnie will put in a good shift in central left midfield. If Doran has been missing Raven he has the chance to show that against County. Ross and Watkins have the ability to pick-pocket the County midfield and defence and so cause havoc like they did against Hearts.

Let's get ready to party!!!!!!

Brill

Raven  Warren  Meekings  Tremarco

Draper  Ross

Watkins                                  Shinnie

Doran

McKay

This has saved me a lot of trouble. I'm going with this. Stick Christie on the bench I'm sure, but he's not ready to start. Throwing him unnecessarily into a derby game is maybe a little too much too soon. That said, if he has a blinder in training this week and gives the gaffer little option then on ye go son!

i would go with the same team as ubern but hopefully our qualities can shine through today. i dont think its goibg to be easy all the same as despite their position i dont think they are getting hammered in games. Dont think the crowd will be anything special today as quite a few i have spoken too are not going. is there still buses from caley club today as with the amount of alcohol in my body  driving is not an option so would prefer to top up with more alcohol and take a bus. hopefully though the bus wont take as long to reach the ground as it did for tge aberdeen game. And for any youngsters reading this I am in NO way advocating the use of alcohol because drinking copious amounts inevitably leads to a majorly sore head, A lecture from the wife about being an ar$ehole when drunk followed by a days stony silence, oh the joys

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE  :ohmy:  :ictscarf:  :drinking05:

• Agree 1