Crowds up?

Scarlet Pimple

I noticed the crowd at the Celtic match was over 6.000. encouraging , yes, but not yet spectacular for an important match like that.

Stil, the Hibees had a better crowd--over 9,000 so they are attracting more attention, especially with results starting to go their way. Frankly I hope they come back because their crowd capacity is up in the 20,000 mark.

And the Dons had a pretty good crowd also--11,000 was it?

As for the County match I suppose it will be jam packed . Thoughts?

A lot of County supporters do not like spending money at ICT FC. If we can get into beating them this year, they may get their wish next year. Should we get a result tomorrow, and should Hearts win the derby in the capital, young Adams might be worried that he is in a hole that looks quite dark. They key for us is to wrestle the points onto our board tomorrow.

• Agree 1

A lot of County supporters do not like spending money at ICT FC. If we can get into beating them this year, they may get their wish next year. Should we get a result tomorrow, and should Hearts win the derby in the capital, young Adams might be worried that he is in a hole that looks quite dark. They key for us is to wrestle the points onto our board tomorrow.

I think it's really important to start the game very brightly, close them down quickly and put them under pressure. I think if we can do that, they'll crumble readily. They're confidence must be shot, & a bright start for us would fill them with the jitters.

C'mon the Caley Jags!!

Crowds appear up at the moment, but its likely due to us playing teams with an away support. Kingsmills yes Celtic games have had over 7000 in the past, but they have always attracted less to TCS than Rangers for some reason, and all games with Celtic this season has been attracting less fans as there is nobody really competing with them over the whole season. When we get a run of home games Dons, Celts and the Co*nty ( Oh I was tempted there ) it will be disappointing not to get more than 16,000 for the 3 games. Certainly more than Dingwall are getting this season - Dougal and his mates must have stopped going this season eh.

Aberdeen is 3-4 times the population of Inverness at least, so they should be getting 15,000 at games. Celtic at home games just now look more than half empty ( no exaggeration ) indeed it is quite shocking how much paying customers they have lost, whereas Rangers somehow appear to still be getting 40,000+. Only clubs with increases this season will likely be Dundee Utd, Dons up a bit, Hibs now, and us by a small amount probably. The rest, are likely to be down or very near the same.

To be honest, I think 9,000 and 12,000 are pish crowds for Aberdeen and Hibs during the festive period.  A few years ago we played Aberdeen at the end of December and it was a sell out and Hibs have pulled in 13,000 + for games at this time before.

Average crowds

1 Celtic FC 46.486 8 -0,9% 49.683 2 Heart of Midlothian FC 14.203 9 7,9% 16.621 3 Aberdeen FC 12.397 10 29,0% 20.017 4 Hibernian 1875 Edinburgh 10.206 10 -2,7% 14.220 5 Dundee United FC 7.196 9 -4,6% 10.586 6 Partick Thistle FC 1876 5.527 9 53,0% 7.978 7 Motherwell FC 5.298 9 -1,2% 9.117 8 St. Johnstone FC 4.368 10 17,7% 7.231 9 St. Mirren FC 4.334 10 -1,3% 5.601 10 Kilmarnock FC 4.029 9 -13,3% 6.149 11 Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC 3.899 9 -3,4% 6.384 12 Ross County FC 3.769 9 -14,9% 5.982 . Total 9.732   -2,9% 49.683

We've also seen our average crowd drop, although that's probably due to the fact that we had had a derby game and a game against Celtic by this time last season.  County's crowds have fallen significantly but that's to be expected I think, given their poor form and the loss of the 'novelty factor'.  Excellent rise for St Johnstone and I think the only reason that United's has gone down is that they had had a derby match last season with 3,000+ away fans.