Coverage of County game

Joe DiMaggio

given the run of January fixtures we have coming up, it's something that Hughes will have to try to address quickly, presumably by making changes to the team, which has gone unchanged in the past three matches.    

On the subject of which, his hand will obviously be forced now, although not necessarily in the positions that he would have chosen to do so - Draper will be out for Motherwell, and apparently Warren will be too, according to someone on Twitter. 

Yes understandable but blame Butcher for unsettling a winning team don't lay the blame on Huges

Sorry, if that was in response to my previous post in particular, then I really don't see where I've laid the blame on John Hughes - in fact I made the point that we had similarly poor performances under Butcher. What I did say was that it will, obviously, fall to Hughes to try to address the poor run we're on, and I'll be interested to see how he does this. Whether it's fair or not to judge someone after such a short period in charge,  (and I agree that it's not fair to publicly pre-judge someone, as some have done since the appointment was announced) people will inevitably do so, and it could also affect the players' views. Such is life.      

• Agree 1

You have a manager come in that new he had to sort out the heads of a team that had been deserted whilst on top of their game, wholesale changes would not be the answer then, now he will be forced into changes  to be made so we will see if he has the strength to make the right ones.

This result hurts me just as much as anyone else but you have got to look at the whole picture and reason out what is happening in the circumstances.

1 - 2 may look bad today but let me try and cheer some of you up with more important statistics

ICT

27 goals

18 against

10 wins

33 points

------------------

County

19 goals

36 against

4 wins

14 points

That is some good reading ;)

Edited by Ayeseetee
  • Agree 1

3 home defeats on the trot is not acceptable under any circumstances.  Whether the team is unsettled because of Butcher leaving, or whether the new manager is changing things for the worse, I don't know, but he has to get it right soon.  I don't fancy our chances at 'Well on Saturday.  Is that 3 games in a row Hughes has stuck with the same starting line up, despite many of us thinking that Raven should have been back after the Aberdeen game.

The defence seems to be 'all over the place', and apart from the three against the Dons, goals are scarce too.

Sadly, the season looks like tailing off into mediocrity, after such a brilliant start.

Lets hope we get it right before the Cup matches.

Looking at the BBC Stats wee had 58% Possession  more shots on and off target - County had 4 shots off target 2 on  what is disappointing is that being down it took to the 74 min before using a sub (Excluding Watkins Injury)  and then no other subs - you would have thought with young Christies performance in the last game he would have been worth a shot after all we were losing 2-0 got to try something different.

Now is the time for Hughes to stand up and be counted with suspensions he now has to make changes lets hope he makes the right call

I thought again today we lacked running up the wings for most of the game but decided? to play across the back then try and go through a crowded midfield and then  give the ball away

1 point for 12 over the festive period not good yes we are still 4th but are now being dragged down to a scrap between 4/ 5/ 6/ 7? rather than 2/3rd

hope we can stop the rot before the cup games

yes I would rather be where we are now than fighting to stay up at this point but something has broken with the team, let us hope its fixed sooner rather than later

Id just say....we are slowly getting back to our natural place in the league. We have been punching above our weight this past season and a half.

Poor attitude. There is no "natural place" in this league for any team other than Celtic. A manager who is a good tactician and who makes a few good signings can easily have his team challenging for European spots no matter what team he manages as the quality of players is fairly uniform throughout the league bar a few standouts for each club. Unfortunately, we have John Hughes in charge.

Edited by Guest