Roll call for Motherwell & Team

WYNESS101

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie

Ross Tremarco

Doran Watkins* Greenhalgh

Mckay

Subs - Esson, Devine, Polworth, Agdestein, Williams, Pepper, Christie

* If Watkins is out, put Christie in there and Evans onto the bench.  If Toby's left the building by that time as well, put Ferguson on the bench.  If Warren's out, stick Gorman on the bench.

Edited by Renegade

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie

Ross Tremarco

Doran Watkins* Greenhalgh

Mckay

Subs - Esson, Devine, Polworth, Agdestein, Williams, Pepper, Christie

* If Watkins is out, put Christie in there and Evans onto the bench.  If Toby's left the building by that time as well, put Ferguson on the bench.

Quite like the look of that line-up, but I saw someone on Twitter saying that Polworth had a good game when he came on - if so, maybe have him starting in there instead of Tremarco, as central midfield is his natural position?

Although this is an easily-reachable game for me, I'm so skint after Christmas that I'm almost certainly going to have to give this, and the other January games, a miss. Which means I'll be watching it on TV alongside my Motherwell-supporting other half. Oh great. 

I had put Polworth in (he did play quite well compared to the rest of them - not difficult mind!), but then took him out again, thinking that the '2' in the middle of him and Ross might be a bit lightweight, thus putting Tremarco in as a more robust figure.

Is there any chance of an appeal against Drapers straight red today (it was a straight red wasn't it?)?

Didn't think the challenge merited a straight red and we really could do with him as CDM for Saturday. I think if we appeal he'd be available for selection (unless it went to one of those quick hearings).

Brill in Goals

Back 4:

Assuming Warren is suspended. If Warren is not suspended then naturally he should start. Raven needs to come back in at RB. He can drive forward from that position and we are missing him. Tremarco is fine at LB and it could be time to try Shinnie further forward. Devine has shown his competency at centre back before assuming Warren is out.

Raven Meekings Devine Tremarco

Midfield:

Williams was a right winger at Kendal. Lets see what he can do in his natural position! Assuming Draper is suspended. If Watkins is out, then Polwarth starting. Graeme Shinnie on left wing to push forward.

Williams Watkins Doran Shinnie

Forwards: Nicky has impressed before when put up front. Well have a strong defence and Billy knocking the ball down for Nicky (and vice verca) could help get into them.

Ross McKay

Brill

Raven Warren/Devine Meekings Tremarco

Polworth Ross

Doran Christie Shinnie

McKay

Probably mine too, except I'd have Pepper in lying slightly deeper for Christie.  More of a 4-5-1 as we're away to a decent team.

We don't have any natural holding midfielders available, so I would suggest a radical rethink. Could go 4-4-2, but maybe 5-4-1, using Raven and Shinnie as wing-backs? Got to try to fit the tactics to the players available, not to squeeze guys into a set formation:

Brill

Raven, Meekings, Devine, Tremarco, Shinnie

Doran, Pepper, Polworth, Greenhalgh

McKay

whatever way we look at it, we're really light in centre midfield just now!

Edited by PerfICT

Obviously a red-card means an automatic suspension for Ross Draper. But, I'm not sure about Gary Warren. Yes, that's 6 cautions he's now on, but only 5 of them have come in league games.

He may still be available for Motherwell! Even if the total of 6 is taken into account, doesn't the suspension 'kick-in' after the next game? .... allowing him to play on Saturday?

I think he'll be available, but then again, there's still a lot of sherry swimming about my body. (from the trifle) :blink:

Obviously a red-card means an automatic suspension for Ross Draper. But, I'm not sure about Gary Warren. Yes, that's 6 cautions he's now on, but only 5 of them have come in league games.

He may still be available for Motherwell! Even if the total of 6 is taken into account, doesn't the suspension 'kick-in' after the next game? .... allowing him to play on Saturday?

I think he'll be available, but then again, there's still a lot of sherry swimming about my body. (from the trifle) :blink:

I think you might be right but I'm sure we will find out tomorrow in Yogi's pre match interview.