Rav(ing)en.

redandblack

Why is Raven not playing ? He came back against Aberdeen and looked as if he hadn't been away. The defence looks more solid with him. A bit more height to help Warren and Meekings. Shinnie could play in Foran's place, or in front of Tremarco. The three games at home under JH were all the same. Lost early goal, chasing the game, then losing another goal (except Celts), throwing on forwards, and never recovering.

• Agree 4

I was wondering if perhaps he's been earmarked to join Butcher.  I know he can't simply upsticks but who knows what happens behind the scenes.

NB: I have absolutely no info on whether that's the situation or not. Sheer speculation.

I'd be very surprised if Butcher didn't make an approach for an ICT player in this transfer window. Fortunately, a lot of our guys are in contracts beyond this season: I don't think Hibs have money to throw around, so hopefully we'll be okay on that front. 

However, players who are out of contract at the end of the season, could be 'vulnerable'. i.e., James Vincent, Carl Tremarco, Ben Greenhalgh, Conor Pepper, Matty Cooper, Danny Williams and Ross Draper.

He's hit-the-ground-running in Edinburgh and will be looking to add more quality. Obviously knows ICT inside-out and will know exactly what player(s) from us will compliment his team. I think Draper might be the guy he's after - to link him up with Tudur-Jones again...that was a fairly effective partnership for us.

My worry is that he can talk to any of them without permission as they'd only have 6 months on their deal. Terry himself doesn't like his players signing pre contracts, but thats no reason to suggest he won't try and nick a couple of out lads on 1.

Vincent, Draper and Tremarco are the main risks to this. I'd hate to lose Draper. The others are easily replaceable. He isn't necessarily so.

Not so sure - Vincent would be my target - the only saving grace may be the fact he is currently injured but that doesn't mean he won't go at the end of the season. I get the feeling though if Hibs have to splash some cash they will. A small amount can still get you quite a bit these days in Scottish football if you do your homework well.

And any player coming to the end of their deal does not command a high fee. The buying club can very much make a take it or leave it offer. Even offer the player the contract, have him accept which gives his current club little option but to seriously look at accepting any bids thereafter. Very ruthless way to do it, but how I would if I wanted to get ahead. You can't be a soft touch,

However, players who are out of contract at the end of the season, could be 'vulnerable'. i.e., James Vincent, Carl Tremarco, Ben Greenhalgh, Conor Pepper, Matty Cooper, Danny Williams and Ross Draper.

Consdering the players listed, I'd hope that as Vincent has spent a considerable time injured he may show some loyalty to the club and sign on for another year and i hope the board push to give Draper a new deal, he is developing as a leader on the pitch I think and you can see how playing alongside Foran has helped him this season.

As for the other players, none have been spectacular although as we have stuck with Pepper and Cooper i'd hope that they may be considered as good enough players to strat pushing for the first team.

But given where we are and that only 1 key first team player is coming out of contract this summer, thats excellent news and shows how the board have put a commitment to the team that was being built.

I am perplexed at the continuing failure to use Raven and to persist with Williams in the centre of Midfield.

Hughes has a reputation amongst Hibs and Falkirk fans for sidelining players he takes a personal dislike to but surely it's too early for this to have happened with Raven.

Someone posted somewhere on here about Raven still having a knock and begin back to full fitness. If true Hughes has to say it publicly because if not he will gave 3000+ regular fans turning on him for failing to select our strongest players, if he is fit then how long can he persist and not see our current defence isn't helping us win games.

I am perplexed at the continuing failure to use Raven and to persist with Williams in the centre of Midfield.

Hughes has a reputation amongst Hibs and Falkirk fans for sidelining players he takes a personal dislike to but surely it's too early for this to have happened with Raven.

And by jezzus so did Butcher!

When did the Raven situation come about ? Was it pre or post Hughes ?

Raven & Vincent were injured for the 4-0 defeat v St,johnstone where they were replaced by Devine & Polworth.

I reckoned TB before this game knew he was Hibs Bound.

Raven & Vincent obviously haven't started since. Neither has Devine nor Polworth.

Tremarco & Watkins have taken their chances & done well.

Shinnie is playing more of a right winger than a full back these days.

The last 3 gamese might as well have had Mckay at right back & Esson up front..

All the players are performing quite well I think & working hard for each other.

We just need to get the tactics & positioning right!

Line 1 - correct.

Line 2 - CORRECT

Line 3 - Correct but understandable

Line 4 - Agree with Watkins - Tremarco is a good defender and 100% but other teams do NOT fear him and let him have all the space in the world.

Line 5 - That is becos he is on the feckin right and not the left where he should be.

Line 6 - McKay hasn't ahd the service or the balls that deserve his movement plus he has been missing chances.

Line 7 - Agree

Line 8 - Agree but I always though that was an issue with TB and needs sorted NOW.