Transfer Window

Dundee United have just signed Farid El Alagui

I think he will be a good signing for them.  It is a very strong attacking line up United have and I would not be surprised to see them end the season as runners up.

Will almost certainly be between them and Aberdeen.

Adam Rooney strongly linked with Aberdeen, apparently goodwillie is too expensive for them.

Would love Rooney back here, would be way out of our budget I'd think

Also was being linked with St Mirren recently but I suspect he'd be out of their budget now they've signed Wylde? Would love to see him back with us tbh but unless Mckay departs the building can't see it happening.

Adam Rooney strongly linked with Aberdeen, apparently goodwillie is too expensive for them.

Would love Rooney back here, would be way out of our budget I'd think

Seemingly Gregg Wylde leaving has taken a fair bit off their wage bill and now Goodwillie might be possible for them.

I don't think it would work for Adam Rooney back here with Billy Mckay already at our disposal.

I'm with starchief on this one. I think having Adam working along side with Mckay could work out great. Would open a lot more options in our attacking play and would give some more strength and power upfront.

It would mean a formation change but i'm all for a 4-4-2 diamond formation with Foran in the holding midfield position with either Vincent or Draper pushing further forward.

Unfortunately I would reckon Butcher will be all over this one. IF Rooney were to come back to Scotland unfortunately I would think we would have a lot of competition to re-sign him

Riordan and Driver both free agents - not keen on Riordan but Driver may be a good acquisition

I think that Derek Riordan has been out of the game too long. Supposedly he had a terrible attitude at St Johnstone and I don't know what the score was at Bristol City. It's sad that someone that had great potential and is currently third in the top 10 scorers in Scotland can't find a club which has gotten to the point where he is asking to play for clubs for free. Yogi and Derek have worked together at Hibs and would it work out here? Possibly. If Derek knuckled down and got rid of the 'bad attitude' reputation and relish a chance to play for ICT it could work but on the other hand I think it would be too much of a risk for Yogi to take.

Andrew Driver would be an interesting signing but only if we sold Marley Watkins. I really don't think we could afford Andrew Driver anyways and it bemuses me that Hearts think that they can sign him.

Incredible to look how the careers of both ex-Hibs wonder-kids Derek Riordan and Garry O'Connor have panned out. Two talented players in their youth, recognised by the Scotland national team but ultimately underperformed to the extent that when they should be at the peak of their careers they're scrambling about looking at clubs like bottom of the Championship table Morton - at best, if anything at all.

Too much money and adulation at a young age with more front-page headlines for assaults and drugs than back-page football achievements. Sad.

• Agree 1

it would appear that Adam Rooney may be keen on a return to Scotland with his representatives making Aberdeen and Hibs aware of his availability

If them 2 clubs are intrested, I don't think we stand a chance.

I hope he goes to Aberdeen though then we can get in Josh Magennis on loan.