Hearts signing embargo

PerfICT

Hearts are desperately trying to sign players in the window - should they be allowed to do so?

I have the greatest sympathy for the current players at Hearts and I don't want to see them relegated, but I'm afraid they have to pay the penalty. Fresh in my mind is the debacle last year when they were allowed to make loan signings: Michael Ngoo came in and scored the goal that ultimately put us out of the semi-final. Fair? No chance....but I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens again.....

• Agree 1

Hearts are desperately trying to sign players in the window - should they be allowed to do so?

I have the greatest sympathy for the current players at Hearts and I don't want to see them relegated, but I'm afraid they have to pay the penalty. Fresh in my mind is the debacle last year when they were allowed to make loan signings: Michael Ngoo came in and scored the goal that ultimately put us out of the semi-final. Fair? No chance....but I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens again.....

^^^^^ What he just said. Unfortunately I bet they get round the ban before the semi!

Tough on the current regime and the young squad but they broke the rules systematically for a long time. The punishment fits the crime and nothing has changed since it was imposed. I bet their current wage bill is still bigger than ours.

Exactly!

Hearts should have been relegated like Rangers, I have very little sympathy for them, or Dundee for that matter. It will not be right at all if they manage to wangle there way to sign players, but if they do they should not be eligible for the cup semi. 

Hearts should have been relegated like Rangers, I have very little sympathy for them, or Dundee for that matter. It will not be right at all if they manage to wangle there way to sign players, but if they do they should not be eligible for the cup semi. 

Rangers were not relegated! It's extraordinary that this perception persists for some.

It should be remembered that, like Hearts, Rangers 'punishment' for going into administration was a points penalty.

However, unlike Hearts, Rangers failed to come out of administration and were subsequently liquidated. This resulted in Dundee taking-up the vacant spot in the (then) SPL.

That left the (then) Scottish Football league with 29 member clubs with the (then) 3rd Division requiring an additional team.

Ordinarily, this would have led to a vote to elect a new member, be it Spartans, Cove Rangers or whoever, assuming they could provide 3 years of audited accounts to verify their suitability as a solvent club.

As history shows, the goalposts were conveniently moved to allow the newly-formed 'The Rangers' their place in the bottom tier.

A different entity but certainly not a relegated 'Rangers' team.

• Agree 8

It would be irresponsible of the SFA to allow a club that may well be liquidated to sign new players. It would be also subject to legal claims from other clubs if it broke the rules.

Hearts could give up now or like Dunfermline, Dundee and Rangers try to get out the other end - and learn the lesson of not spending beyond their means to achieve ''false'' success. I bet they still beat us in the Semi unless we take a robust and fair view.

The justification for this latest attempt is reported to be on the grounds of "health & safety" of their players, who have to play week in week out. Quite a neat idea, as health and safety of players is always stated as being paramount to the footballing authorities.

When this one fails, what other trump cards can we expect them to play - racism, ageism?

• Agree 2

They could always forfeit their remaining games on grounds of health and safety if it is indeed that dangerous for them.  I have no sympathy for them. 

Out of all the teams we visit, I find them the most unwelcoming and arrogant.  Head over to Easter Road and you'll always get a warm welcome when we visit there and pubs like the Iona. 

If they are liquidated and are lucky enough to form a Newco and accepted into the league, it's only fair they start in the bottom tier.  The newly created Lowland League will have an Edinburgh derby.  Spartans v Newco Hearts. 

YES, but how many are willing to admit openly  what  Euan Murray writes so tellingly. All this has been allowed to happen , then fostered and aggravated by the limp-wristed, incompetent managers of Scottish Football. You know, those who care so little about a progressive club like ICT  to allow downright harm to be visited upon them as per  the recent fiasco of buses for the semi-final, etc.

Penalising and hurting Hearts so dramatically is no answer to allowing financial mayhem to enter virulent creep and now they have no incentive to fight hard to avoid relegation because it seems irrevocable. They have no chance with such a high point against count them. It also puts a huge burden on the players emotionally who know from start to finish that they are on a hiding to nothing.

What a farce!

Vlad the Lad started all the mayhem I think and it is he who should have been be hammered earlier not the team and the supporters who have put their hard-earned cash into the club as well as providing years of physical and emotional support.

Before a guy like him was allowed to invest in the club and take the reins and assume full control, he should have been obliged to post financial guarantees and/or security against this kind of financial devastation. If not in his first year at least from then on when his precocious personal traits were becoming more and more evident--not exactly based on caution were they?

What we need is a change of personnel at Park Gardens.

It seems though that they still have the ability to request permission to make signings on a "one out, one in" basis.  Doncaster says that Hearts specifically asked for consent to sign one particular player (that'll be Skacel) but haven't yet said who they are getting rid of.

So Doncaster has gone through the rule book and found that Hearts can sign a player during a transfer embargo in administration if a player has left, i.e. one in one out.  Chatter down Gorgie way is that because 5 have left during administration they are hoping to sign 5.  Rudi Skacel was training with them today and apparently they are talking to Andy Driver.

I have read somewhere, although not sure if it is 100% accurate that the SPFL will hear their appeal on 1st February.  You know what's gonna happen eh! Like last year, they lifted the embargo just before the Semi Final, and they got Ngoo and Wilson (who was in fact ineligible to play but played anyway).  They'll rubber stamp the 5 signings on the 1st and Skacel, Driver and 3 others will be in their starting XI the next day against us in the Semi Final. 

Edited by CapitalCaley
  • Agree 1

So Doncaster has gone through the rule book and found that Hearts can sign a player during a transfer embargo in administration if a player has left, i.e. one in one out.  Chatter down Gorgie way is that because 5 have left during administration they are hoping to sign 5.  Rudi Skacel was training with them today and apparently they are talking to Andy Driver.

I have read somewhere, although not sure if it is 100% accurate that the SPFL will hear their appeal on 1st February.  You know what's gonna happen eh! Like last year, they lifted the embargo just before the Semi Final, and they got Ngoo and Wilson (who was in fact ineligible to play but played anyway).  They'll rubber stamp the 5 signings on the 1st and Skacel, Driver and 3 others will be in their starting XI the next day against us in the Semi Final. 

That would not surprise me in the least.

1st of February is a Saturday so I doubt the SPFL will be meeting then, especially when there is another semi final taking place on that day. It does look ominous, but even if they did get some new players in (which would be a disgrace) who would they be? Skacel = past it, Driver = rubbish... We'd still be heavy favourites.