Greg Tansey

fraser

Yes, I go along with what seems to be the majority view, that he would be a worthwhile addition to the squad, especially if Vincent goes. The bonus is that he can take a decent free kick, and penalties.  Although to be fair, his first season with us was when we had no more than a couple of penalties awarded to us all season (from memory), but I did see him score one in the pre-season at Yeovil.

ICT have just announced that Tansey has re-joined the club on an 18-month deal.  Seemingly there some agreement with Stevenage to release him for his contract.

I hope he's as good as he thinks he is this time round and has stopped the headless chicken routine.  As you can tell, I never really rated him from his last spell!

At least his neck won't be sore from watching the ball flying high over his head this time round!

Edited by Renegade

Guest Mahonio

Surely this should now be moved to ICT section of forum instead of Rumour Mill?

Will he go straight into squad for Dons game due to injuries and suspensions?

Now all we need is a Striker or 2 and then I'll be happy.

I think Butcher was more bypass-midfield-and-play-the-long-ball first time around.  He'll suit the later Butcher/Hughes style.  I really do think he was a victim of the team's style, rather than being poor in himself.  Something Stuart McCall thought at the time too.  I've got high hopes.

Seemingly there some agreement with Stevenage to release him for his contract.

Agreement = payment!

Official announcement says there was competition for him from within the SPFL as well as from England.

Stevenage are reporting that it is a free transfer.

Surely this should now be moved to ICT section of forum instead of Rumour Mill?

Will he go straight into squad for Dons game due to injuries and suspensions?

Now all we need is a Striker or 2 and then I'll be happy.

Happy to oblige. He has been playing regularly so is match fit. Given our injuries and suspensions, I would be happy to see him in the starting XI tomorrow.

He was a bit of a luxury first time around. Lots of fancy touches, turns, drags etc. And always going for the spectacular driven pass. But he started to adapt and come good towards the end of that season. To be fair, he might have been a victim of circumstances. We were in a relegation dogfight and playing some dire football. His style might be much better suited to our current team.

• Agree 1

My memory of him is that expectations were high when he joined the club - he'd been Stockport's player of the year or something the previous season? - and that he didn't really impress for a while but then came on to a pretty good game mid-season, which coincided with our best spell. Seem to remember him playing well in a win against St Mirren.

It's clearly an area we need to strengthen in, and if he does well then he could be a long-term replacement for Foran.     

I for one am delighted he is back. Given our injuries,suspensions and his knowledge of the Scottish game, I think some good business has been done. He knows the area and it's benefits and limitations so he obviously wants to be here. That goes a long way as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by MuirtownJaggy
  • Agree 1