Greg Tansey

fraser

Tansey played alongside James Vincent at Stockport County.  Could mean that Vincent will be keener to stay or it could mean that Tansey is going to replace Vincent if/when he goes to Hibs.

I'd have thought we'd be looking for Tansey to play as one of the '2' in a 4-2-3-1 rather than further forward.  Tansey has a decent shot on him but I don't think he's suited for the role further forward.

He played really well today coming on for doran and with his first touch he set up mckay with a good pass and then helped keep the ball at the end of the game!

looks like he will fit in and become a valuable player to us more than the last time he was here as the team seems more suited to his style of play!

Edited by Ayeseetee

Can't quite follow what he is doing back here--motive?

Messi mentioned above as a comparison, sounded more like Messiah, :wink:

And what part did Mr Hughes play in the move?

What with Danny Williams and Polworth beginning to fit in moreso, things are really looking up.  :clapoverhead:

• Agree 1

Had a computer crash, just managed to get through the week without going mad but I see nothing has changed THE FEW are jumping down Tansey's throat before he kicked a ball for us today....as expected!

Well by all accounts he had a good stint against the Dons this afternoon, so looks like the Tansey is going to bloom for us.

Welcome back lad you just show how wrong these doubters are !

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think a number of us were right.  ICTs style is now far more in tune with the way Greg plays.  Tansey and Draper looked ideal together.  Give them a few games together and that'll be a hard act to split.  So much so, I'd move Foran on the left, Doran on the right and Watkins in the middle of that attacking midfield three.

Tansey has impressed me more in his last couple of games than he did over an entire season previously.

Thankfully there was a net in the way of his strike yesterday otherwise he might have broke the stand.

• Agree 1