Impending Selection Head Ache

Bombabim

Call this the result of hysteria but I feel Yogi is gonna have a rather large selection head ache looming. Today's victory came without what many consider three of our best and most consistent performers!

In defense Dave The Rave has played his way back into the right back spot, Warren deserves to come back in and rightly should. But at left back Tremarco has been good and doesn't deserve to get dropped. But nor does Shinnie (captain fantastic at the moment) he has been asked to fill in in a bunch of places and has done so with distinction at all times. But in midfield we will get foran, draper and vincent back and have now added Tansey in. Not to mention Polworth and Williams getting going as well.

Doran, Ross and Watkins have been somewhat quiet of late so maybe this is where there will be some changes but they have all contributed mightily at different points.

Not sure what I'm saying, just that I'd rather not have to choose who goes where. Over to you Yogi.

• Agree 1

So, best team when everyone is fit?  Mine would be:

Brill

Raven    Warren    Meekings    Shinnie

Tansey     Draper

Doran    Vincent    Foran

Mackay

Yep, unfair on Tremarco, but best team means just that.  Foran hasn't played left-mid for a while, but I'd give him the chance.  Watkins especially and Williams may well be in there on form/injury but there's not that luxury of choosing more than 11.  Ross as well is creative but who to drop for him?  So what's your team*?

* which doesn't mean criticise others without giving your selection first.

Brill

Raven   Meekings  Warren  Shinnie

Foran  Draper

Watkins Vincent Ross

McKay

Harsh on Tremarco, I get frustrated with Doran more than I do Ross and Williams while good (allegedly I wasn't there) today hasn't done enough to start ahead of any of these guys. Maybe he gets in ahead of Ross/Watkinis on any given day. Happy enough for Tansey to play the Vincent role if he plays well on his return. Oh and also give Polworth/Christie more of a run out from the bench.

The only headache that Yogi will get is from the terraces. He is going to have to axe some players and that is bound to upset a few if not many. Cometh the Hour. The biggest decision of the lot lies with Foran. As Yogi is more of the old school and I suspect is twitchy with the one up front system it would not surprise me if he went with.

BRILL

RAVEN  WARREN  MEEKINGS  SHINNIE

DRAPER  TANSEY VINCENT

MCKAY  FORAN  WILLIAMS

• Agree 1

For me, the old adage, keep the winning team, sub as necessary.

We have never really experienced such a dilemma, no doubt Yogi will deal with it in his own quiet way. 

It is the test of a good manager to keep all the players in the squad happy to be there.

There have been many cries for options this and options that now we have a squad building that will start to see these options

materialise. We haven't had this luxury before, there are interesting times ahead.

TogethrNess still reigns !

• Agree 1

Hold on, now.

What has happened to the suggestions that Billy may be off shortly. We are more than halfway through January and not a sniff to date as far as we know.

When Richie comes back in he may need to be substituted  towards the end of the game so that will be a chance to bring in ....Christie perhaps?

Hold on, now.

What has happened to the suggestions that Billy may be off shortly. We are more than halfway through January and not a sniff to date as far as we know.

When Richie comes back in he may need to be substituted  towards the end of the game so that will be a chance to bring in ....Christie perhaps?

Shhhhh Scarlett! Don't remind anyone....Actually I've hidden him away...lol

If things worked, why drastically change them?  I'd keep Tremarco, Shinnie, and Williams in the starting XI, and not worry about rushing Foran back, for one.  Tremarco would be the logical omission to keep Raven and Shinnie in the team, but I thought he was awesome against Aberdeen. Sounds like Yogi's loving Liam Polwarth, and the exposure to the first team can only be good.  Reintegrate the returners gradually. 

Yip - play well "consistently" or get dropped. That is as good an incentive as anything else to any footballer. But that also means being a team player and not an impressive individual. And that shows up on the training pitch and in the training as well as on the pitch.