Ryan Stevenson availability for semi.

Guest Mahonio

This does really make a mockery of the whole suspension system. When you can juggle your fixtures about so your best players are available for your most important games it becomes a bit farcical.

And it is what caused Elgin to be stripped of the Highland League title in 1993.

Hearts have known since October that the game v St Mirren would have to be rescheduled. And all of a sudden it gets rescheduled with only 1 weeks notice. It stinks. If I could think of something Hearts could be stripped of I'd demand that they be stripped of it.

Hmmm, strips is all that are left to strip from Hearts...none of us want to see that, especially where Ryan Stevenson is concerned. 

Last season Hearts bent the rules to sneak (in every sense of the word) a victory over us.

This year I hope we use the fact that they are again manipulating matters to give them an unfair advantage as an addition incentive to stick it to them.

I have to say, I can see very little difference to the set of circumstances that led to Elgin being stripped of the Highland League title.

• Agree 1

It doesn't bother me whether Stevenson plays or whether Hearts manage to manipulate the system and get new players in, the fact is we are a much better side than them and as long as we focus on playing to our strengths we will win.  Hearts have the poorest record in the league even with Stevenson in the side.  And if they did get an influx of new players in they would be struggling to be organised enough to be able to stop us doing what we do so well.

Many of the players in our side will have experienced the disappointment of last season and will want revenge.  The determination they have will be transferred to those new to the team and as long as we are disciplined we should win reasonably comfortably.  What happens at Tynecastle in the next few days is irrelevant and I am sure Yogi won't let the team get sidetracked by that.  All that matters is that we are properly prepared on the day and play to our potential.

• Agree 1

For anyone that is worried about Hearts and the administration it is very unlikely they will have any new players for the semi final. Yes Stevenson can and well played but he isnt really prolific goal scorer anyway so doesn't change much and as i said in another post we shouldn't underestimate Hearts but we should still be to strong for them and have outplayed them twice this season. The administration issue all now hangs on the Lithuanian's and how quick they can sort all the legal processes out. My mate who is a season ticket holder believes that it could be done as early as next Friday. Now that is only hearsay and it may be longer and i wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. But if next Friday is the day then they will still not have any way of signing players with the offices of the SPFL not open to register any new players until the 3rd. And if they do come out earlier then they have to have a list of players already on the radar and negotiated in principle to get them through for the semi final. And even then any player they try to sign will have to under 21 until the 1st of Feb so all the experienced free agents still wouldn't be eligible to play.   

We should check the rule book. Surely if he was sent off Sunday at that point in time his suspension applied to the Ross County and ICT games? The SFA should have notified Hearts yesterday of this fact. If does have a touch of Elgin about it but is clearly not the first time this has happened. 

We though have to beat Kilmarnock this weekend and then start analysing who we have available or who we need to mark closely when we play Hearts. 

What will be will be.  We could have been playing a Hearts team in all their glory in their high spending days and doing well in the league but will probably be playing a knackered young team who got kicked around the park by Jim Goodwin and his pals a few nights prior.

I wouldn't be surprised if they try something dodgy though.

Wouldn't it be funny if Hearts game in Dingwall on Saturday was cancelled, leaving them back at square one with regards to Stevenson's suspension, and with a game in midweek before the semi final. This scenario comes with the added bonus that the poor drainage qualities of C*unty's dump of a ground could play a small part in us reaching our first major final.

It's a possibility... http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/dingwall-highland#?tab=fiveDay&fcTime=1390521600

Wouldn't it be funny if Hearts game in Dingwall on Saturday was cancelled, leaving them back at square one with regards to Stevenson's suspension, and with a game in midweek before the semi final. This scenario comes with the added bonus that the poor drainage qualities of C*unty's dump of a ground could play a small part in us reaching our first major final.

It's a possibility... http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/dingwall-highland#?tab=fiveDay&fcTime=1390521600

Even better, if the game was abandoned after say, 60 min. Hearts have had McDonald sent off for violent conduct and a couple of injuries. But unfortunately the weather doesn't look bad enough for that.  Does anyone know an electrician?  :wink:

• Agree 1

I fully expect hearts to try and manipulate as much as they possibly can to their advantage for this game.  Bending and stretching the rules as much as they can get away with.

Sevco of the east.

Whatever happens we just have to go out and win the game.  Simple as that.  We are more than capable of doing so.

TB had a habit of bottling the big games (v falkirk to stay up, hearts semi final, all games after the split) I don't think this will happen under Yogi.

Bring. It. On.  :ictscarf:

• Agree 1

What we getting upset about? Before his suspension we'd have been expecting him to be playing. Its no big deal. He's just another player in a team doing badly. When that trophy's held aloft after the final we'll be able to say we won fair and square.

Agree - if we can't beat Hearts with Ryan Stevenson, we don't deserve to be in the final. This is a huge gamble from Hearts: their squad is really stretched and they've stuck in an extra game at a critical moment - could easily backfire!

I was initially, very briefly, a little miffed that Hearts had managed to engineer this but I now really could care less. Playing St Mirren before it gives them less time to prepare anyway.
Hearts aren't exactly on fire with Stevenson, and I would have expected him to play before I heard about the suspension. If we can beat Hearts at their strongest it'll mean we can't be accused of not being there on merit.

I'd rather concentrate on ICT and making sure our team are ready and fit and raring to go to be honest.

• Agree 3

If people think that Hearts deliberately changed the date to before the semi final to get Stevenson to be eligible they are wrong. It has worked out for them in that respect but the real reason that it has been rearranged is they need the money with things going dry in march if they don't get out of admin quickly. Yes Stevenson will now be ready for the semi final but they will not be able to make many changes to keep there squad fresh. We have beaten hearts twice and been pretty dominant in both games with Stevenson in the side both times so he wont make a massive difference. We shouldn't underestimate them but we should be to strong for them if we play at our best. 

• Agree 2

If people think that Hearts deliberately changed the date to before the semi final to get Stevenson to be eligible they are wrong. It has worked out for them in that respect but the real reason that it has been rearranged is they need the money with things going dry in march if they don't get out of admin quickly. Yes Stevenson will now be ready for the semi final but they will not be able to make many changes to keep there squad fresh. We have beaten hearts twice and been pretty dominant in both games with Stevenson in the side both times so he wont make a massive difference. We shouldn't underestimate them but we should be to strong for them if we play at our best.

As most of their support are already ST holders I can't see how this match is going to generate much cash? Sorry I don't buy it! However I'm not particularly bothered at him being able to play.