First Team Players, Who Never Played

Renegade

In light of Curtis Allen's recent exit, I was thinking there of ICT first team players, who for some reason or another, never got a game (when I say first team players, I mean proper first team players, not youth players who appeared on the bench and never came on).  

Did you ever see any of them play, where are they now and would they have been any good?

We'll go one at a time as well, it's more fun that way!

I'll start us off with the aforementioned Curtis Allen.  Highly rated and a good record in Northern Ireland and had been linked previously with West Brom and Swansea.  He's now back in Belfast with Glentoran.  

I saw him play once in an U20 game.  He looked awfully slow and unfit, even for that league.  I don't think we'll be missing much with him to be honest.

Tom Parratt, born in Inverness but moved away at the age of 3 to according to Wikipedia, after playing for Hamilton, Queen of the South and Airdrie United he's back in the States playing for the brilliantly named Wilmington Hammerheads

• Agree 1

Tom Parratt, born in Inverness but moved away at the age of 3 to according to Wikipedia, after playing for Hamilton, Queen of the South and Airdrie United he's back in the States playing for the brilliantly named Wilmington Hammerheads

He did make one appearance for us (sub in the league cup) so doesn't quite meet Ren's criteria.

I'll put forward George Brislen-Hall, but never saw him play at any level.

Andre Martins...i mean, what was even the point to him?

And Richie Byrne

Richie Byrne was one of Brewster's favourites, who was never rated by anyone ever!

Andre Martins was a funny one though.  Loads of clubs all over the world, yet hardly any appearances, despite previously being with Fulham and having trials at such footballing juggernauts as Bayern Munich, Dundee United and even Morton!  After being released from ICT he went on to play in the top leagues in Brazil and Colombia but seemingly was cottoned onto by a club in Chile of being a con artist!

Saw him play in an U20 game once actually.  Unsurprisingly, he was rubbish!

Saw George Brislen-Hall play a few times for the U20s as well.  He was quite good actually, but never got a chance.  Very fast and hardworking - a kind of Hayes/Pepper combo.

Here's another one - 

Ben Jackson - Striker who signed from Bishop Auckland and appeared on the bench a few times.  Left in 2006 and went to Horden Colliery Welfare in the North Eastern League, before retiring due to a knee injury.  Bizarrely, he's now 28 and manages University of Sunderland Men's 2nd team!

Edited by Renegade

Steven Watt. Also, only 28 his potential was never realised due o injuries. Picked by Jose Mourinho for the Chelsea first-team for an FA Cup tie (where, reports suggest he was man-of-the-match) his career stalled and is now playing non-league in England. Had a spell with us but I don't recall him playing.

He played in Brewster's first game back in a 3-1 League Cup win against Arbroath.  Played quite well that day too.  He went onto play for Ross County for a while before being linked with a return to us.  He's now at Maidstone United, Ben Greenhalgh's old club.

Ally Ridgers - Strange one this.  Two spells with us (came through the youth team initially IIRC), yet made a grand total of zero appearances in both spells.  We also went for him after Mark Brown left and we failed to Vito Mannone then of Arsenal.  He was playing for Clach at the time!  He's now at Brora Rangers and DJs part time under the name "Technique" (no really!).

• Agree 1

Steven Watt. Also, only 28 his potential was never realised due o injuries. Picked by Jose Mourinho for the Chelsea first-team for an FA Cup tie (where, reports suggest he was man-of-the-match) his career stalled and is now playing non-league in England. Had a spell with us but I don't recall him playing.

I was playing for Elgin City under 14s in a friendly match v Banff and Watt walked out of the changing room for them, nearly 6ft tall and with a beard. We straight away said to the ref there's no way he's 14... to which he replied "you're right... He's 12".

He signed for Chelsea quite soon after that.

• Agree 3

Ally Ridgers.......made a grand total of zero appearances in both spells.  

I think you are right there, but CTO's stats section says that he made 1 appearance off the bench - supposedly coming on during a Challenge Cup win at Peterhead in 2003, to replace....David Bingham!

Shome mishtake shurely.

Ally Ridgers.......made a grand total of zero appearances in both spells.  

I think you are right there, but CTO's stats section says that he made 1 appearance off the bench - supposedly coming on during a Challenge Cup win at Peterhead in 2003, to replace....David Bingham!

Shome mishtake shurely.

Conceivable, that the original goalie was sent off and Bingham was the man sacrificed. Or is this meriting a winky smiley and I'm caught between not not knowing?

Johnathon Smith - Third choice keeper in the 2006-07 season.  Seemingly he was very good, despite being only about 5"10ish.  Moved to America after being released, but I believe he's back over here now and was/is at Clach.  Appeared on the bench a couple of times I think, one of which was at Celtic Park.

I was at that as well.  It was an Inverness Cup game IIRC, 4-3 ICT win and Chris Innes dropped a clanger.

Alexander MacDonald - Blonde long haired centre-back who wore number 25 in 2007-08.  Only appeared on the bench once IIRC, and then left after picking up a back injury I think.

ICT first team players, who for some reason or another, never got a game

If I can amend the question slightly to ICT players who never got a start, then I think Agdestein must have set a club record for the most appearances without ever having started a game. 16 appearances, all off the bench.