Joe Gorman

In the past on twitter he has shown his support for Celtic which is absolutely fine and you can expect from a young Irish lad but when you bring sectarianism into it he was treading on thin ice and really what he has done has given us bad publicity just days after reaching the league cup final. The retweet about our 'poor' crowds was another thing to add to it.

It's quite a shame because I watched the boy play against Killie today in the U20 and I thought he done really well defensively but the way he conducts himself is no way professional and I hope the club takes action ASAP.

Edited by ICTRoughi

Looks as though he has closed his account now, not very clever from him.

Yes, I had his tweets page open, left my PC for a half-hour, and it was gone when I came back.  Either someone's had a word, or the account's been suspended.

He closed his account after getting abuse from a lot of people, not very good publicity for the club if a player is saying such things on a social network.

In the past on twitter he has shown his support for Celtic which is absolutely fine and you can expect from a young Irish lad 

I actually thought that was quite unwise.  Openly supporting another club in the same league as the team your employers is disrespectful and he shouldn't have bothered mentioning them.  I'm also of the opinion that footballers shouldn't have Twitter for these types of reasons.

He's clearly not one of the sharper tools in the toolshed, but some of the comments from seething Sevconians and Northern Irish folk are quite something.  Their utter rage at this, combined with dreadful spelling and grammar (I know Irish and Glasgow schools aren't the best, but come on!), seem to show that they're even stupider than him!

Won't at all be surprised to some of these morons popping up on here blurting on about it shortly.

Edited by Renegade

In the past on twitter he has shown his support for Celtic which is absolutely fine and you can expect from a young Irish lad

I actually thought that was quite unwise.  Openly supporting another club in the same league as the team your employers is disrespectful and he shouldn't have bothered mentioning them.  I'm also of the opinion that footballers shouldn't have Twitter for these types of reasons.

He's clearly not one of the sharper tools in the toolshed, but some of the comments from seething Sevconians and Northern Irish folk are quite something.  Their utter rage at this, combined with dreadful spelling and grammar (I know Irish and Glasgow schools aren't the best, but come on!), seem to show that they're even stupider than him!

Won't at all be surprised to some of these morons popping up on here blurting on about it shortly.

To be fair to Gorman I only seen Celtic tweets before a champions league game, never really check on match days because we are usually playing that day but for me personally I don't think there's much of an issue of Gorman supporting Celtic and IIRC Jonny Hayes also said Celtic were his boyhood club which is fair enough. Gormans comment tonight was utter stupidity and brought things to a whole new level and as I said in my previous post I hope the club take action as the club don't need this.

To be fair to Gorman I only seen Celtic tweets before a champions league game, never really check on match days because we are usually playing that day but for me personally I don't think there's much of an issue of Gorman supporting Celtic and IIRC Jonny Hayes also said Celtic were his boyhood club which is fair enough. Gormans comment tonight was utter stupidity and brought things to a whole new level and as I said in my previous post I hope the club take action as the club don't need this.

I seem to remember him talking about playing Celtic before an U20 putting wee hearts next to their name and all sorts.  Seemed a bit much to me.  I don't have a problem with players supporting another team but I would keep quiet about it if I was a player.

I don't really know anything about Orangemen, some guy on hunger strike, the fellow on the wall or any other Irish shenanigans to be honest.  Seemed to have caused a reaction though and he should have known better.

A lot of over-sensitive drama queens on the internets IMO. Can't believe people are so spiteful to demand he loses his job, or even want him arrested by the police. The world's gone mad. If you don't like the illiterate musings of a thick, young footballer and his thick mates, nobody is forcing you to read them. Get a grip. I personally couldn't care less. The idea that because he is a footballer, he has no right to offend anyone, is a nonsense.

Edited by AlexJones

A lot of over-sensitive drama queens on the internets IMO. Can't believe people are so spiteful to demand he loses his job, or even want him arrested by the police. The world's gone mad. If you don't like the illiterate musings of a thick, young footballer and his thick mates, nobody is forcing you to read them. Get a grip. I personally couldn't care less. The idea that because he is a footballer, he has no right to offend anyone, is a nonsense.

I couldn't agree more. Considering the abuse a lot of players take, it's a wonder more of them haven't let rip on social media.