Joe Gorman

Alas if you have a job that is in the public eye, it makes you a public figure and therefore you have to be careful about any comments attributed to you or that you make, The lad is a wally and subject to the clubs investigation, if found guilty, should have his contract terminated.

If the police want to investigate then they should and if necessary take action.

• Agree 1

A lot of over-sensitive drama queens on the internets IMO. Can't believe people are so spiteful to demand he loses his job, or even want him arrested by the police. The world's gone mad. If you don't like the illiterate musings of a thick, young footballer and his thick mates, nobody is forcing you to read them. Get a grip. I personally couldn't care less. The idea that because he is a footballer, he has no right to offend anyone, is a nonsense.

Simply, he works in a position that is deemed public. His views are in the public eye. His (alleged) views are illegal. This is in most cases a reason to be arrested. Which in turn, in most contracts, in most job - public profile or not, particularly if it could bring his employers into a position of disrepute, is gross misconduct. This usually results in employment termination.

It has nothing to do with him being a footballer and therefore not having a right to offend, Many non famous, non footballers have been charged for similar insults. It's deemed discriminatory. Most discrimination is deemed illegal. That's not a bad thing.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the whole thing's been forgotten about now.  Wouldn't bother me if we told him not to do it again and moved on.  Presumably that's what's happened and if so, I applaud the club for not bringing the whole thing up again and getting another wave of cringeworthy outrage from the Sevco superfans.

Edited by Renegade

• 1 month later...