Has anyone been over to see how the Hearts fans are feeling?

I'm guessing that winning v 10 men on 90 minutes, and then having another 30 minutes to brush aside 9 men, they might be somewhat disappointed.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Was hearing some of their texts on the train back to Inverness   ..'winning 2-1 in the 94th minute against 9 men and still lost..'

Their cup final this year will be extracting the shares from UBIG to prevent liquidation. Where are those within Hearts FC who entrusted their assets and history in Vlad the spiv?

Agree with previous comment about 9 men beating 12. Every time a Hearts player fell over they were awarded a free kick. Every time the Hearts fans squeeled we had a man booked or sent off. Shocking display from the home referee.

With 11 men we didn't really play to our potential, but when we went down to 9 the remaining players became almost super human. Hughes got the substitutions spot on. Nick Ross had the best game of his career. He was the difference maker IMO. McKay took on the entire Hearts back 4 by himself and came away with the ball most of the time. Draper, Devine, Shinnie and Tremarco were absolute rocks at the back. What a performance. Deano commanding the box under pressure and saving 2 out of 4 penalties.

A performance for the history books! When we lost the semi last season our confidence never really recovered, hopefully this result has the opposite effect and gives us a shot in the arm!

• Agree 7

Just watched the You Tube video of the penalties and it looks like Danny Wilson came over during the celebrations to congratulate the Inverness team. That was magnanimous and is a credit not only to Scottish but world football. An amazing gesture after a very difficult season and such a difficult end to the game for Hearts. An example to all football professionals.

• Agree 6

Just watched the You Tube video of the penalties and it looks like Danny Wilson came over during the celebrations to congratulate the Inverness team. That was magnanimous and is a credit not only to Scottish but world football. An amazing gesture after a very difficult season and such a difficult end to the game for Hearts. An example to all football professionals.

Agreed. Not sure who it was, but a real credit to himself and his club. We should show respect to a man who showed respect to our players and club.

• Agree 3

I agree, very sporting indeed and hard to do in the heat of the moment 

As to the match, a truly monumental effort from the 9 men and pens appeared (with the exception of Shinnie, but we'll let him off!) to have been very well rehearsed/practised, the four scored were very precise.

Well done to all  

1st of.... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GIRUY!!!

Ok that's out the way.

Ref was utterly deplorable. Whilst I was infuriated at his calls against us for the red cards (Was barely a free kick for Warrens 2nd yellow and he wasn't even the man challenging and whilst Meekings was petulant, certainly meriting a yellow it was no where near over aggressive enough to merit a straight red) and how that 6th minute 2 footed lunge wasn't a red I don't know. I actually think the ref was pish for both teams. Fool of joke calls. It was embarrassing really.

But what a finish. Nick Ross legend! Great equaliser, and his penalty was a bullet in the top corner. No stopping that one! Pleased as punch! Cant wait for the final! Going to be a great day, win or lose! 

• Agree 1

Still trying to climb back down from the clouds. Such a spirited, legendary and inspirational performance from everyone of those boys out there.

Rasper from Tansey and then after disaster struck we just kept plugging away. When Meekings got sent off (disgusting decision) I really thought that was it but as my Mother always says when its your day, its your day and when Nicky boy bundled in that equalizer I raced around the away end like a maddy, balling my eyes out like a wee bairn but I didnt care. The dream was all but snatched away and suddenly it became possible again.

Extra time lasted an eternity but after Brill made that save at the start of it we held firm, kept the 4-3-1 formation firm (as ridiculous as it sounds) and in some respects were unlucky not to snatch the win.

The penalties were well dispatched by all, Shinnie was unlucky with McDonald saving his well. Deano made 2 fantastic stops, in particular from Hammill wihich was a satisfying moment for all of us as we tolerated his taunts and time wasting throughout the game...turd!

When Draper calmly tucked his away everyone just went mental, such a buzz and one I will never forget. Was a great experience being able to share it with friends and family alike was something special. 

Everyone of those boys that played out that half hour are legends and Yogi can happily brag being the first manager to guide an ICT team to a major final.

Roll on 16th March!

• Agree 5

Great day for a club that balances it books and seemingly has to fight against the odds to gain respect from the Scottish football fraternity. Maybe one day the media, authorities and other fans will start to give us the credit we deserve.

TogetherNess.

• Agree 3

Awesome, just bloody well awesome.

14 heroes, as Warren and Meekings still played a part big style. 

Over the moon that it was an Invernessian that scored in the 94th minute. Although we had the better chances when down to 10, and then 9.

#nameisonthecup

• Agree 1

The reds--if this referee was SO concerned, then he could easily have, and should have played the  advantage rule in the case of the first one but chose to be an officious prat , no less.

I don't want to see this ref on the ICT park again. This was a cup-tie, Beaton, not a children's tea party in toy-town.

Brilliant, simply brilliant.  Only the final between us and our first major tournament trophy. 

And am I pleased that I wasn't the only one with tears in my eyes and a lump in the throat immediately afterwards!

Roll on 16th March.

Edited by FoolPhysio
  • Agree 2