Very impressed with the way Nick Ross stays on his feet there, even with 3 players trying to foul him. Every Hearts player on the pitch would have gone down claiming for a penalty and a yellow card.

Who would have taken the spot kick if he had?  (always asuming Beaton awarded one!)  No pressure, like.

None Alex. They would all have shouted for a red card and rightly so.

One last word about Warren's dismissal: I thought he didn't foul until I saw a replay from behind the goal. There I could clearly see that he pulled the shirt. And that's a yellow, no matter how long or strongly. But I won't defend that ref any further.

One thing I noticed on Sunday and was reminded of when I saw the re-run.  With our 2 central defenders red carded, Draper played extra time in central defence.  After we won a free kick on the edge of the Hearts box toward the end of the first period, Draper came up for it and took up position in the box.  As soon the play broke down, Draper sprinted to get back to his defensive duties.  Draper is a big man and I thought that really epitomised the effort and commitment of the team.  Top man!

• Agree 3

Nothing in from IHE yet?

Has he wet his pants with excitement and caught another chill ?     :blink:

Just basking in the feeling - ain't much else that I can say - just wish that I really could bottle that feeling when Drapers penalty hit the net. And I now think I can appreciate mood swings a lot better too !!

• Agree 4

A day on since our fantastic glorious win and I still feel elated and so proud of the team who gave absolutely everything.  Everone played their part but Nick Ross does deserve special mention as he must have been gutted not to be in the starting line up.  He did make an impact when he came on and he could so easily have gone down for a penalty (I wonder if Beaton would have given it).

The team showed a tremendous never say die attitude and I just wonder if our name is written on the cup - that's two games in a row in this competition where we have scored in the last minute.

I also think our fans were brilliant yesterday and made much more noise than Hearts for the whole match.  I didn't see any of our fans leaving early despite things looking bleak.

As for Hamill, poetic justice was done when he missed the penalty - served him right for all the time wasting etc.

• Agree 1

Haven't seen any papers yet, so what are today's back page headlines? Do we get a mention or is it all about Lennon?

Noticed on BBC Gossip :

Hearts goalkeeper Jamie MacDonald is furious that referee John Beaton did not penalise Caley Thistle for a handball in the build up to their stoppage-time equaliser in a dramatic Easter Road semi-final. (Daily Record)

Yes the ball hit off Doran's hand but it clearly wasn't deliberate.

How inaccurate this is seeing as the handball they wanted was for the Tansey wonder strike rather than the equaliser

Totally agree with the criticism of the ref. I'm inclined to say I don't want him reffing our final against the dons - BUT...we've got an all-time record of 4 wins, 2 draws and no defeats with Beaton reffing our games!

Don't tell Jamboskickback - they're in enough meltdown as it is!!!!  (so funny reading that forum after Sunday's events)

Wow I had a look at hmfckickback there are some amount of roasters on there

Nothing but orcs that can't afford the bus fare to Glasgow

I feel sorry for all the other sets of fans from the championship next season who have to endure both the full fat and diet orcs

Dougal

• Agree 2

Just took a look at Jambos Kickback and they all seem to be crying over our booing of Nicholson and some of our songs directed at them. The songs we have sung before and yes we may have adapted a few from some other clubs but I believe Hearts fans sing when I was young which s actually a Motherwell song so they can **** off with the stealing of songs. As for Nicholson, maybe harsh seeing the lad was stretchered off but if they players didn't go do down like they had just been physically assaulted each time then we wouldn't be treating like a the boy who cried wolf scenario. The upshot is they just cant find anything else to rant about as they are embarrassed they coudnt see through the job against 9 men only your own fault cretins  

• Agree 2

Just took a look at Jambos Kickback and they all seem to be crying over our booing of Nicholson and some of our songs directed at them. The songs we have sung before and yes we may have adapted a few from some other clubs but I believe Hearts fans sing when I was young which s actually a Motherwell song so they can **** off with the stealing of songs. As for Nicholson, maybe harsh seeing the lad was stretchered off but if they players didn't go do down like they had just been physically assaulted each time then we wouldn't be treating like a the boy who cried wolf scenario. The upshot is they just cant find anything else to rant about as they are embarrassed they coudnt see through the job against 9 men only your own fault cretins  

If they had been making any noise themselves, they wouldn't have heard what our small section of the crowd was singing.

If they had been making any noise themselves, they wouldn't have heard what our small section of the crowd was singing.

The term sing while your winning is definitely an apt description of there support.

Good to see Hearts fans magnanimous in defeat.

www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/137220-ict-fans/

Hilarious!  Continual references to us being the "wee team".

ICT - Played 22, Won 11, Drawn 4, lost 7 - for 29 against 21 GD +8 - 37 pts  Position - 4th

Hearts - Played 25, Won 5, Drawn 5, Lost 15 - for 22 against 44 GD -22 - 5 pts Position - Bottom, Last, Strongest in the league [by holding everyone else up] (20 pts if in normal times but would STILL be bottom of the current table)

Aye, you keep thinking that.  Losers.  You'll not be missed.