Cup Final Venue

ForzaCaley

After taking a lot of points into consideration I'm pretty certain this game will be played at Ibrox.

Celtic Park would be far too big for the game and with it being televised it wouldn't look good IMO. For atmosphere purposes I think Ibrox would be much better than Celtic Park as it is a bit smaller but big enough for this tie.

I think the delay in announcement is that Rangers are playing hard ball for financial side of things and also the game that they have on the 15th of March.

• Agree 1

After taking a lot of points into consideration I'm pretty certain this game will be played at Ibrox.

Celtic Park would be far too big for the game and with it being televised it wouldn't look good IMO. For atmosphere purposes I think Ibrox would be much better than Celtic Park as it is a bit smaller but big enough for this tie.

I think the delay in announcement is that Rangers are playing hard ball for financial side of things and also the game that they have on the 15th of March.

Rangers playing at Ibrox the day before shouldn't be a problem. Hampden regularly hosts both cup semi-finals on consecutive days. I'm expecting Ibrox to be announced as the confirmed venue.

What a wonderful opportunity to showcase Scottish football abroad, there are many fine stadia in Japan, currently in their off season. The Sun would subsidise buses if asked I'm sure.

Oh come on now Kiri  !  ...........   buses ??  .......be realistic laddie ...............  surely you mean luxury cruise liners.

• Agree 1

Rangers playing at Ibrox the day before shouldn't be a problem. Hampden regularly hosts both cup semi-finals on consecutive days. I'm expecting Ibrox to be announced as the confirmed venue.

The pitch at Ibrox isn't what it used to be and it will probably have a bearing on things but as you said fully expect Ibrox.

I'd like the game to be at Wembley.

There's a precedent here, in that when England's national stadium was being done up they moved cup finals to another part of the UK.

Indeed.

From a purely selfish point of view I'd love it to be at Wembley but I'll settle for Ibrox.

I'm sure they'll choose Ibrox. After all, it is overdue a game between two top flight teams.

I think ibrox will be the chosen venue as well. As much as I detest the Orcs I think it would generate a better atmosphere as the piggery is too big and it won't sell out

I reckon we will see 30k Dons fans and possibly 6-7k of our fans which is not anywhere capacity but it would look better in Ibrox

Anyway it should keep the likes of Fraz happy

Dougal

I'm not sure why they've elected to go for Celtic Park. I would have thought a 90% full Ibrox would be better than a 75% full Celtic Park, assuming a crowd of as much as 45,000. It'll be interesting to here their logic, but I doubt they'll reveal anything!

I can't get my head round why Celtic Park would be chosen for the final. I can't see us taking more than 8K to the final but that's me being a bit optimistic. Aberdeen would take about 25.. 30K at a push but even then They would need to close parts of the stadium would that look good on TV? Hell no. Don't get me wrong, Celtic Park is a nice stadium and the pitch is immaculate but it's too big IMO. Maybe they want security of expansion if ticket demands got higher but I would rather a full Ibrox than an empty Parkhead.

I will probably come round to the idea if we are nowhere that fecking pole at the corner of the stadium.

It may backfire and cost both clubs but, given the 60,000 capacity, I would be happy for the tickets to be really keenly priced at £15 in an effort to encourage more fair weather fans along and fill the empty seats with neutrals.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 1