Cup Final Venue

ForzaCaley

What a complete joke! Parkhead is tin point stadium in an apache area. Lets be honest here the attendance will be 40k tops. 20k empty seats aye? And no doubt we'll get stuck behind the pillars. Raging!!! Doncaster n co really are clowns. Lawell must be pissing himself again!

• Agree 1

Why does it kick off at 14:30?

Because the first train from Inverness gets in at 14:05.

Astonishing yet not surprising that they've again set a kick off time that is impractical for Inverness fans travelling by train. They clearly don't care one jot about our fans.

• Agree 3

The Ibrox area has always been rough but Parkhead is another story.  I always wondered how di Canio, Cadette and van Hooijdonk could live with themselves asking for more money when they can see the poverty on their doorstep.

Any venue will do really.  I wonder if the Green Tirade would be so defensive of us if we ripped out their seats a la them at Fir Park?

Calling Dougal - Caley winning their first major cup final at Paradise - IHE celebrating in the Jungle - Is that feckin destiny or wot ?

Aye you can go short sleeved to the final in fact you will be able to frequent all yer old boozers on the gallowgate in a safe and friendly environment

Dougal

All recent finals have been 3pm so there's no precedent for this.The 2.30 kick off is a disgrace. They really haven't learned anything from the fiasco of the semi-final arrangements. Seems it was all just 'lip service'.

Slight overreaction there , what difference does 30 minutes really make .

I posted it before it became apparent that the train operators may try to help.

Getting from Queen Street Station (assuming it's on time) and into your seat at Parkhead in 25 minutes for a cup final when there will be busy traffic, turnstile queues etc will be almost impossible.

Even if 2.30 was historically the kick-off time, common sense should see that on this occasion, they could put K.O. back 30 mins to 3pm. 

And 3pm is the traditional time for the final - yet incredibly, they've gone for 2.30pm when northern fans don't get into central Glasgow until after 2pm.

They've not listened, learnt nothing and not taken anything on board from the mismanagement of our semi-final.

Edited by Sneckboy
  • Agree 1

I posted it before it became apparent that the train operators may try to help.

Getting from Central Station (assuming it's on time) and into your seat at Parkhead in 25 minutes for a cup final when there will be busy traffic, turnstile queues etc will be almost impossible.

Even if 2.30 was historically the kick-off time, common sense should see that on this occasion, they could put K.O. back 30 mins to 3pm. 

And 3pm is the traditional time for the final - yet incredibly, they've gone for 2.30pm when northern fans don't get into central Glasgow until after 2pm.

They've not listened, learnt nothing and not taken anything on board from the mismanagement of our semi-final.

I think the game is kicking off early in case of extra time as the last service train is around about 18:00

• Agree 1

I think that complaints about the semi final were ligitamate but moaning now about Celtic Park at 230 on a Sunday is just taking it a bit far. It has to be Ibrox or Celtic Park to fit everybody in so does the difference in capacity really matter that much? And when your taking maybe 10000 fans to a final does the timing of one beaten up old sprinter train really matter that much either? Its a drop in the ocean. I would hope that their would be at least one special train leaving maybe 9ish and lots of other travel options. Glasgow for 230 in the spring is very different from Edinburgh 1215 in the dead of winter. I think that we will do our cause no good at all if we keep moaning about each and every arrangment thats made.

Edited by mainstander
  • Agree 1

If it was a Saturday then it would be fine as there are a lot more early trains to get folk to Glasgow. I think Scotrail will be able to run additional services on the Sunday as there will be plenty of spare track time.

• Agree 1