Cup Final Venue

ForzaCaley

The SPFL have told SSN that no decision has been made on the venue for the League Cup Final. Talks ongoing with both Celtic & Rangers #SPFL

Sky Sports Scotland ‏@ScotlandSky  38m

The SPFL have confirmed that the final will be played at either Celtic Park or Ibrox. Discussions ongoing #SPFL

Edited by ICTRoughi
  • Agree 1

"Celtic Park will host the 2014 Scottish League Cup final between Aberdeen and Inverness Caledonian Thistle. STV understands the Glasgow venue has been chosen by the Scottish Professional Football League to host the fixture, with Hampden Park out of use due to the forthcoming Commonwealth Games."

I'm sure they'll choose Ibrox. After all, it is overdue a game between two top flight teams.

I think ibrox will be the chosen venue as well. As much as I detest the Orcs I think it would generate a better atmosphere as the piggery is too big and it won't sell out

I reckon we will see 30k Dons fans and possibly 6-7k of our fans which is not anywhere capacity but it would look better in Ibrox

Anyway it should keep the likes of Fraz happy

Dougal

If reports are correct then it it seems I will be left dejected.  :cry:

WATP

• Agree 1

Bad news, the SFA has just confirmed that Willie Miller, will be the Cup Final Referee, with the game starting at 3 pm . Neil Doncaster has been quoted as saying this was to boost the Television audience and was not a further attempt to re-inforce post-Culloden controls over the Highlanders following the injustice meted out to their supporters attending Easter Road after a 7 am start. CJT are apparently appealing the appointment with Sky TV suggesting the referee should be Andy Walker to boost Celtic supporters attending as neutrals.

On a brighter note, Hanna-Barbera Corporation is believed to be considering a late bid to sponsor the final after they discovered that Yogi would be there supported by the Little Magician. Aberdeen Reds based in and around Inverness will, we understand, be seeking to upstage this by all dressing in Batman and Robin costumes to highlight, once again, their achievements in Gothenburg City.