most memorable moment in ICT history?

PerfICT

Tansey's bullet, Nick Ross's equaliser, Brill's penalty saves or Draper's nerves of steel - take your pick, but was yesterday the most memorable moment in ICT's short history?

Of course, there are other contenders - the inaugural match after merger, various promotions, the Celtic 3-1 thrashing etc, etc. As a relative newcomer to the ICT scene, yesterday eclipsed my previous highlight of getting straight back up to the SPL a few years ago.

Of course, all of this will be eclipsed when we win the final, but for now, this is the best for me!

For debate....

Edited by PerfICT
  • Agree 4

I can't recall being in a crowd that has gone that mad when we've scored.

From a very quick think about it I would say that the 3-3 v County and the 4-3 game v Raith when Foran scored in the last minute. I'm sure there'll be others.

• Agree 1

For me the 1-3 win at Parkhead will always be the moment. The 1-3 cup win at Tynecastle a couple of years later is also up there. However, yesterday is one of those days that epitomises the never say die attitude of our team and supporters...... 

Shafted by the organisers of the competition from the very start with the ludicrous venue choice that effectively made it a home tie for one of the teams, they then heaped more scorn on us by selecting a starting time that paid no heed to the fact that no public transport was available to get supporters there in time, instead expecting them to make their own arrangements and brave a treacherous road in the dawn hours of a winter's morning. Add to that that they assigned a referee who is regarded in various circles as controversial or incompetent at best (look him up in google in terms of dodgy red card decisions, or crap performances) and the odds were stacked against us.

To be 1-2 down deep into injury time with two dodgy red cards and a couple of shouts for penalties that were never given, come back to 2-2 with virtually the last kick of the ball, then hang on for 30 minutes and win it on pens was remarkable and now that the dust has settled I would just like to thank John Cheaton (oops Beaton) for giving our club the massive boost to morale and jolt to our #togetherNESS that we may have lost in the Butcher --> Yogi transition !!!  

• Agree 9

In terms of one single moment, Nicky Ross's finish is easily the best moment I've had supporting ICT.

Given Jamie Hamill's antics at 2-1 and also on the way up to his penalty Brill saving his effort was nothing short of beautiful.

• Agree 2

Does anyone know if any fans left early? I must admit that, even though it's not something I've done often (maybe 2 or 3 times), I was thinking about getting ready to prepare for a very sombre trudge down the stand.

A family near me left during ET, I'm guessing they had a train tio catch or such like.

There's also mention on P&B of a few our fans having been chucked out for shouting abuse at the ref and then watching the ET in Tamsons.

A family near me left during ET, I'm guessing they had a train tio catch or such like.

There's also mention on P&B of a few our fans having been chucked out for shouting abuse at the ref and then watching the ET in Tamsons.

Saw a few in the section nearest to the Hearts fans being taken out. Also a few on way out when Nick scored...

Tansey's bullet, Nick Ross's equaliser, Brill's penalty saves or Draper's nerves of steel - take your pick, but was yesterday the most memorable moment in ICT's short history?

Of course, there are other contenders - the inaugural match after merger, various promotions, the Celtic 3-1 thrashing etc, etc. As a relative newcomer to the ICT scene, yesterday eclipsed my previous highlight of getting straight back up to the SPL a few years ago.

Of course, all of this will be eclipsed when we win the final, but for now, this is the best for me!

For debate....

I think the thing about Caley Thistle is that for a club which only reaches its 20th birthday later this month there are so many and they are difficult to choose between.

The short list must surely include John Rankin's late, late "squiggler" to beat Rangers 2-1 at home between Christmas and New Year 2006.

After watching

Keogh scoring against Clyde followed by Hissy in the second last game of the season in the run up to promotion.

Beating Hearts  in the Scottish cup,  Bagan toying with the defender before scoring the goal.

Reaching the Scottish cup semis.

Beating Aberdeen away mid week 3-2 ( Caley Jags Away)

Equalizing with County to make it 3-3

I would say that after getting knocked out of the cup, same venue, same opposition, home advantage for opposition,  Macdonalds dirty tactics to put off the players in penalties. The game also took the stuffing out of us for the following weeks.

To come up against the same opponents, same conditions, with everything against us, to equalize with  only 9 men, when everyone thought we were down and out. The unity and togetherness of the remaining team, the discipline and composure shown during the remaining 30 minutes whilst still trying to win the game then to take it to penalties, to have the 1st penalty saved to then totally out class them on how to win on penalties.

I would say its certainly the most emotional match I can ever recall and a Major cup final for the very 1st time to boot.

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 2

When Nick scored the reaction was like nothing Ive ever witnessed, complete bedlam, it was beautiful.

I was in the front row just left of the goal in the stand but right of the goal on the TV. The best place to be it was nothing I have ever experienced before but my voice has gone

I've been watching Caley on and off for over 60 years and the feeling I had was just unbelievable. Disbelief immediately followed by incredible elation.

It was like falling off a cliff--down, down, down  -----and then suddenly  being lifted up by the Eagle  three feet from the ground. .....

:notworthy::laugh:

At the 90 minutes, when the board went up for 5 minutes extra time, I left my seat to go to the disabled section at the front, behind the goals, to assist our fans there to exit the stadium at full time. I was there, chatting to them and watching the game when Nick scored!!!! Couldn't have been closer to the action if I tried!!! Maybe my best decision all day up till then. I stayed there for the rest of the game, amongst the melee, and have never been hugged and danced so much in umpteen years of following Caley and ICT. Wonderful,unforgettable. ICT all stars.

Incidentally I never leave before full time, ever. In the North Stand I usually leave my seat when the board for extra time goes up, go to the wall behind the goals till full time and then applaud the players off the field no matter the score. Too many folk who leave when the going may be tough miss last minute goals - Craig Dargo did that quite a few times for example.

• Agree 3