Stranraer -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

We were bound to come down to earth after last week's high ,were still in it and bound to go on and win at home. Roll on the cup double .

I hope the players don't go into the replay with the attitude that we are bound to win.

I would expect the opposite after today. Wasnt at the game but if we dodged a bullet then the players will know not to underestimate them in the replay

Happy with the replay. Difficult to get back to business after that legendary performance. I'm surprised that Yogi didn't change it around a bit after last week and put a few of the boys on the bench. The physical and mental exhaustion from Sunday must have been huge.

Tough to concede from both of the 2 chances they had on target, but only creating 7 of our own is not good enough against lower league opposition. I've split feelings about the draw: the schedule will get more punishing, but with the other results, the cup is wide open!

Squad rotation required by ICT in the next 6 weeks - are we Chelsea in disguise?!

Yes and we need to find a big goal scorer for windy days when the ball balloons up in the air as Billy struggles on days like that . Also a 6'2' quick centre back who can get back to cover balls over the top we do not deal with that well . But all boxes still ticked for this season so far ,

Terrible conditions, small and rutted pitch but In my opinion one or two players didn't adapt we'll enough. Watkins and Shinnie didn't play we'll, Drapes gave the ball away too often and a referee who should not be near a football ground. The good points are we are still in the cup and it was a good old fashioned day out. Onwards and upwards.

No excuse really as the conditions are the same for both, but that must be one of the heaviest looking pitches I've seen in a long time.  Took a wee wander out on to the edge of it before kick-off and it was soft and sticky.  Coming off the back of last weeks match where the guys spent everything, it probably wasn't something they were relishing....one or two certainly looked like they still had a little lead in their boots, but not surprising.

Some credit has to go to Stranraer as they put in a shift to nullify our game plan.  In saying that, both their goals came from errors on our part and without those then I doubt they would have got anything as they simply weren't creating from open play.

Awaiting confirmation on the replay.  Was suggested that it would be moved to the Monday for TV due to Champions League on Tue/Wed.

Just returned from overnight stay in Ayr after game at Stranraer.

Would just like to say a big Thank You to Jen , Lyn,and Bob for getting us there and back safely.

It was a very good fun trip enjoyed by All, and in very good company.

Thanks again and look forward to the next one

• Agree 2

Well that was the best away day in feckin ages. Early morning start - two carriage steam train to the End of the Earth, travelling at a maximum 40mph - two pubs in Stranraer - one called The Pub and one called The Fitba Pub - great craic all day with a crew of REAL ICT fans - A shitthole of a ground, pissing down rain and a gale force wind. Standing on a grass embankment watching a game of football being played in a peat bog. FECKIN, FECKIN GREAT.

As fer the game I think that the euphoria of last weekend spread down both on and off the pitch. It was a typical cup game and we were the Goliath but yon wee **** David missed our napper when he threw the last stone. And if his boss will let him off work I reckon that he will be dunked in the replay.

I actually thought that we looked by far the better side and that we could and should have put the tie to bed. Shinnie did not have his best day at the office but Doran afforded him little if any protection. Doran is putting on the beef. He scored the first goal but he just seems to have lost pace and is not doing it fer me. I agreed with Yogi benching him. The others who did not impress me were Warren - he may have been very brave but he could have been booked once at least fer silly fouls. And their second goal was another defensive slip up and another goal where the opposition just ploughed through the middle of our defence. I thought that Watkins played OK considering the pitch. I also thought that Draper defended and worked well although he aint no playmaker. Tansey is another who looks like he needs games but he should have been the playmaker. Vincent struggled as well but he must have felt more match fit after that. My only criticism of Yogi is - where the feck was Foran supposed to be playing ? I thought initially that it was going to be a 4-4-2 but then he appeared to be more wide rite. Anyway good to see him back.

I am going to suggest a business plan to Kenny Cameron - win both cups this season, go feckin beserk with signings and wages next season - win the treble - get into the last 16 of the Champions League - then go into administration - rename the club Caledonian FC and travel to real shittholes every other week.

• Agree 7

Thanks , Yngwie--that's the first video I have seen of the match.

That pitch may have been the great leveller but we can't honestly say that ICT's play was slick and quick.

The team looked tired, actuellement. Strannie tired in the second half maybe and allowed ICT to get a grip. Thank goodness.

We have the replay though, so let's see what happens. All credit to Stranraer for a spirited display and some neat enough footie though. I really don't see them winning at Tulloch and think that there may be quite a high score by tea time. Once bitten tice shy ---I hope.

cheers

Uncle Scarlet.