Scottish Cup Quarter Final Draw

Kingsmills

Sensibly, for once, taking place immediately after the Dundee United St Mirren tie tomorrow.

Fortunate to be in it and certainly not taking anything for granted as far as the replay is concerned but this is another competition now wide open.

If we manage to beat Stranraer I wouldn't mind a home tie against any of the many lower league teams left in.

With Motherwell and Celtic both out of the cup, and as it stands in the league, with Aberdeen now favourites, if ICT were to be in the final with them, would we then be in the euro qualifying rd.1 no matter what, but rd. 2 with a win??

I don't think runners-up in the Scottish Cup this year will qualify for Europe through that route.*

A loss to Celtic (assuming they're League champions) in the Final would have seen the runners-up qualify - but that can't happen now, obviously!

I agree with Kingsmills, that if both finalists have already qualified then 4th in the 'Premiership' would get in.

*A potential caveat could come in the unlikely scenario where Rangers win the cup. They're a new club and need 3 years of audited accounts (I believe) before they can compete in European competitions. In that instance, I think the runners-up would get into Europe.

Yes, as happened in 2010, but can't find anything definite from SFA et al. Anyway, the draw will be mighty interesting, Dumbarton have had a relatively quiet passage, prob the team most other clubs fancy after Raith and Albion's heroics!

If we stretch imagination to its fullest and a) ICT don't get to the final, b) finish 4th, then if Dundee utd finish 5th, and it is a Aberdeen V Dun. utd final, and Aberdeen win it is ICT who get Europe?

Yes, as happened in 2010, but can't find anything definite from SFA et al. Anyway, the draw will be mighty interesting, Dumbarton have had a relatively quiet passage, prob the team most other clubs fancy after Raith and Albion's heroics!

If we stretch imagination to its fullest and a) ICT don't get to the final, b) finish 4th, then if Dundee utd finish 5th, and it is a Aberdeen V Dun. utd final, and Aberdeen win it is ICT who get Europe?

In that scenario, assuming Aberdeen had finished 2nd or 3rd in the league, I'd say. yes, we'd get the Euro spot!

Did anyone take notice of the bookies odds on the cup favourites on sportscene last night?

Apparently Rangers are 2nd favourites behind Aberdeen.

I'm a bit surprised with this, I would nearly have all Premiership sides ahead of Rangers unless I'm missing something here. Your looking at Dundee Utd, St Johnstone, Caley and St Mirren remaining.

Edited by gyles

Did anyone take notice of the bookies odds on the cup favourites on sportscene last night?

Apparently Rangers are 2nd favourites behind Aberdeen.

I'm a bit surprised with this, I would nearly have all Premiership sides ahead of Rangers unless I'm missing something here. Your looking at Dundee Utd, St Johnstone, Caley and St Mirren remaining.

Will be based on weight of money more than form.

Wat would people prefer our games on tv or more fans through the turnstiles? if games on Tele ok bit of xtra cash but less fans will come to game.we need to get people out of there armchair nd support the team.

Wat would people prefer our games on tv or more fans through the turnstiles? if games on Tele ok bit of xtra cash but less fans will come to game.we need to get people out of there armchair nd support the team.

Given that the club is a business, and that even a thousand extra fans at the match would generate a fifth of the TV income, the preference has to be for TV. Diehard fans will go anyway.

• Agree 1