Surfer flag design

12th Man

Flag Poll (!)  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which flag is your preference ?

• [img]http://caleythistleonline.com/images/11.png[/img] Flag 1
    • [img]http://caleythistleonline.com/images/22.png[/img] Flag 2
    • [img]http://caleythistleonline.com/images/33.png[/img] Flag 3

I think people should check with the club and/or the SFA before investing in one.  Surf flags were banned for the Aberdeen v Perth final and pretty sure they're banned from the Caley Stadium (after an Aberdeen fan lit a flare under one years ago IIRC).

Wouldn't be surprised if they're banned by the SFA as well (something to do with drug dealings taken place underneath them apparently).

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

I think people should check with the club and/or the SFA before investing in one. Surf flags were banned for the Aberdeen v Perth final and pretty sure they're banned from the Caley Stadium (after an Aberdeen fan lit a flare under one years ago IIRC).

Wouldn't be surprised if they're banned by the SFA as well (something to do with drug dealings taken place underneath them apparently).

I read on another post that they're allowed at park head before the game and at half time

Can someone add a poll to the thread for a vote? I think all three would look good but I prefer the middle one because I'm sure everyone is aware what team we are already.

Edited by Guest

Ive made a quick sketch, took a picture of it but am having problems downloading,

The Eagle will need to be redone anyway due to the magnification and the flag also cropped to suit the 10;7 ratio.

I have turned the flag 90 degs, Inverness at the top, ICT crest below, the eagle has wider wings. It going places, the sharp talons would be griping a circular ring of steel, the thistle would have a thicker stem to symbolise strength.

Caley then

Thistle  below.

The  CTO logo eagles head is bottom at the left, the 'pride of the highlands' would be centred and  the CJT  logo would be opposite to balance the size and distance from the eagles head on the CTO Logo. 

Vertical bold stripes  to be added.

The flag would be similar ish to a Roman Army banner, so was also thinking about making it look like it is hung from a golden pole. 

Its only a rough sketch at this stage, I wanted to work out the composition of the flag as opposed to detail, just in case  people would rather to go with the traditional every one has got that type of flag.

We wont have many chances to design a flag so lets make a good one.

Edited by 12th Man

Ive made a quick sketch, took a picture of it but am having problems downloading,

assuming the photo is not huge in filesize it should load up ok (if it is huge resize the image to about 1200x800 as thats big enough for the web). Also make sure its jpg or png 

click on 'more reply options' if adding your message in the quick reply box and you will have an option to Attach Files. just choose file and click 'attach this file' it will upload. After upload you will also get an option to insert into post which will show it in the post, otherwise the thumbnail will be shown at the bottom of your post.

Alternatively .... if the image is online somewhere (twitpic, photobucket or similar) just click the image icon above the post editor (2nd row, looks like a picture) and insert the url. it will be displayed on page. 

Hi scotty just took a lower quality picture.

Like I said I was looking more for composition than detail

Ignore the circle where the letters should be.

The CJT circle would be sized to suit the CTO eagles head

Edited by 12th Man