Team for Hearts

Renegade

Brill

Raven Devine Meekings Shinnie

Draper Tansey

Doran Ross Watkins

Mckay

Subs: Esson, Warren, Tremarco, Vincent, Foran, Williams, Pepper

I was down at Stranraer last Saturday and I thought with Gary Warren getting a head injury and at times getting caught out I think he deserves a rest. At the semi final Danny Devine done really well and I think he deserves a game.

Edited by ICTRoughi

Brill

Raven Devine Meekings Shinnie

Draper Foran

Watkins Tansey Ross

McKay 

Bench: Esson, Warren, Tremarco, Christie, Polworth, Vincent, Doran

Very much part of the 'If it ain't broken don't fix it' manual

Brill

Shinnie Draper Devine Tremarco

Watkins Tansey Ross

Mckay

But you've very much 'fixed it' with 4 changes to the last team (dropping Warren, Shinnie, Meekings and Raven) and putting Shinnie I at right back and Draper to centre back! In fact your whole defencive line sees no players playing in the same position as the last game!

This is a serious question.  Are you allowed to start the game with 9 men voluntarily - e.g. for psychological impact - and then bring the team up to 11 later on?  Or are you deemed to not be able to field a team, and you forfeit the game?

This is a serious question.  Are you allowed to start the game with 9 men voluntarily - e.g. for psychological impact - and then bring the team up to 11 later on?  Or are you deemed to not be able to field a team, and you forfeit the game?

I've played in a few games recently for Saturday and Sunday Amateurs in Aberdeen where a team has started with 9/10 players due to players not arriving in time, where they've then got changed at the side of the pitch and came on. Not quite the psychological advantage you talk about, but the refs have never made an issue of not kicking off. 

Edited by RossP

In theory, you can start a long as you have seven players, and one of the players is a goalkeeper, and add players as they turn up. Whether SPFL rules allow this is another matter. I suspect that they would take a dim view of this, and if they don't already have a rule, rapidly invent one to deal with it. We could always mitigate this by playing in green and white hoops.

Brill

Raven, Warren, Meekings, Shinnie

Draper, Tansey

Watkins, Vincent, Doran

McKay

Subs: Esson, Devine, Tremarco, Polworth, Foran, Williams, Christie

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie

Foran Draper

Watkins Vincent Williams

Mckay

Doran Ross Tremarco Tansey Devine Evans Greenhalt

Tough on some of the guys on the bench, but on form, this is our best team IMO

woops! Need a keeper on the bench: Esson for Greenhalt. Perhaps also Polworth for Evans.

Edited by PerfICT

With the growing fixture congestion is it time maybe not to play our strongest team in the league and rest players for the up and coming cupties ? I'm thinking of Billy and Aron who seem  to have lost  the edge in the last few games, Billy 's work rate is tremendous and we need his goals in the cups.  Thoughts ?

'Play the strongest team for every game and never underestimate the opposition' T Butcher after Raith hammered Hibs and S McCall after Albion Rovers eliminated Motherwell not forgetting D Adams after Stranraer beat Ross County in the League Cup.  The same applies to supporters - when Aberdeen's supporters started singing 'we are the champions' early on at Pittodrie, this inspired ICT to raise a gear whilst Aberdeen began to believe they were European Champions again.

Brill

Raven. Meekings. Warren. Shinnie

Foran. Draper

Watkins. Vincent. Tansey

McKay

Or something close to, rest Aaron today so less wing play but slightly more direct through middle.

Subs - Esson, Tremarco, doran, ross, Devine, Evans, pol worth

Also just noticed link on bbc for the commentary so that will be nice for a change, seeing I can't make it today!!