Inverness CT -V- Hearts

Scotty

Some slight over reaction on here. Yes we dropped 2 points but we played so much better than in the semi final and it was just one of these days when the ball just would not go in the net. I know some folk are saying we looked scared to shoot but, especially in the second half, Hearts packed there box and it was really difficult to get space for a clear shot.

Totally agree with one of the earlier posters about some of our "fans". I have had a go at a father and son who sit in front of me as all they do is shout abuse from the kick off at our players and also had a go at someone for a similar thing in the game against Morton. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but some of these idiots simply do not deserve to be called fans.

I bet thats the pair of numpties who were sitting behind me and winding me up at the semi final. The son seemed to spend his afternoon shouting about how '*****' Billy Mckay is and how we should have sold him in January. I really don't know why people like that bother coming to games, if you are only interested in shouting abuse at your own players when things aren't going to plan then I'd rather you stayed at home. If I am near people like that again I might spend my day shouting abuse at them about how bad their support is see how they like it.

I go with my son - Not the one you are talking about HONEST, and there is a big guy with a beard in the North Stand a few seats away from us with all his cronies and for years now he has never seemed to say anything positive and his mates just nod in agreement, shouts it out quite loudly too, totally does our heads and those around us in. If he comes on here which I doubt then You know Who You Are :tosser:

Wasn't at the game but the highlights make for interesting viewing.  Appreciate you just get a few key moments, but several of ICT chances came as a result of good flowing passing moves and it seems that a combination of the woodwork and good goalkeeping prevented this from being a pretty comfortable victory.  Greg Tansey seemed particularly unlucky but at least he is not frighted to have a go and could well get a useful few in the weeks ahead.

With Vincent signing an extended deal we now have just about every main player in the squad signed up until at least the end of next season, and with several beyond that.  Of course it is disappointing not to have won yesterday, but with the continuity the contract situation provides, the team will continue to develop their understanding of how each other plays and I honestly think this side can develop into something pretty special.  Some team some day soon is going to be taken apart by ICT and I have a sneaking feeling it just could be Stranraer on Tuesday.

• Agree 2

Thought we were very good at times and should have won by a comfortable scoreline, we might only have had 6 on target but that doesn't mean every shot off target amounted to nothing. 23 attempts just shows the amount of attacking we did. There were other times where the game looked quite scrappy though with passes going amiss regularly, mainly from Hearts but definitely a few from our lads. Tansey should have scored another belter, some strike but unfortunately a great save from MacDonald who had a really good game. Personally don't think i can single out anyone for a bad game on Saturday, we just couldn't get that elusive goal to get the 3 points but on another day we could have won by 3 or 4. Lets hope the scoring boots are on on Tuesday night.

Thought we were very good at times and should have won by a comfortable scoreline, we might only have had 6 on target but that doesn't mean every shot off target amounted to nothing. 23 attempts just shows the amount of attacking we did. There were other times where the game looked quite scrappy though with passes going amiss regularly, mainly from Hearts but definitely a few from our lads. Tansey should have scored another belter, some strike but unfortunately a great save from MacDonald who had a really good game. Personally don't think i can single out anyone for a bad game on Saturday, we just couldn't get that elusive goal to get the 3 points but on another day we could have won by 3 or 4. Lets hope the scoring boots are on on Tuesday night.

A good post that more or less summed up my view of the game. However, I think we need to try some different options starting with the game against Stranraer on Tuesday. Doran needs rested and Nick Ross could easily slot in on the left. Draper needs to wise a up a bit too - he was a bit sloppy yesterday. Devine also needs some game time before the LC Final.

• Agree 1

Some slight over reaction on here. Yes we dropped 2 points but we played so much better than in the semi final and it was just one of these days when the ball just would not go in the net. I know some folk are saying we looked scared to shoot but, especially in the second half, Hearts packed there box and it was really difficult to get space for a clear shot.

Totally agree with one of the earlier posters about some of our "fans". I have had a go at a father and son who sit in front of me as all they do is shout abuse from the kick off at our players and also had a go at someone for a similar thing in the game against Morton. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but some of these idiots simply do not deserve to be called fans.

Unfortunately, these are different ones in the main stand and it is Nick Ross they have it in for. The father who must be in his seventies is the worst.

I bet thats the pair of numpties who were sitting behind me and winding me up at the semi final. The son seemed to spend his afternoon shouting about how '*****' Billy Mckay is and how we should have sold him in January. I really don't know why people like that bother coming to games, if you are only interested in shouting abuse at your own players when things aren't going to plan then I'd rather you stayed at home. If I am near people like that again I might spend my day shouting abuse at them about how bad their support is see how they like it.

Just got round to watching the highlights.  I know highlights show only a snapshot of the game, but it did appear that we did enough to win that game at a canter. Watkins and Mckay both missed chances that looked easier to score from!  Is the million pound (or higher) price tag suggested by many on this forum getting to him a bit?  He certainly has lost the regular scoring knack recently, although he works as hard as ever.  Let's hope he finds his scoring boots again soon.

Just got round to watching the highlights.  I know highlights show only a snapshot of the game, but it did appear that we did enough to win that game at a canter. Watkins and Mckay both missed chances that looked easier to score from!  Is the million pound (or higher) price tag suggested by many on this forum getting to him a bit?  He certainly has lost the regular scoring knack recently, although he works as hard as ever.  Let's hope he finds his scoring boots again soon.

Yeah, the goals have dried up a bit for us in the league, of late. Since the Aberdeen game, where we memorably scored 3 times in the 2nd half, we've only netted another 3 in the subsequent 7 games. Maybe we rely on Billy too much - and he was realistically going to hit a barren spell. It's hard to believe but we're now only 8th top scorers in the league with even County having plundered more than us!

Despite that, I feel we'll soon give a team a good pasting, as when we 'click', we're more than capable of notching 3 or 4.