Tonights crowd & pitch insp

tm4tj

As I recall Neksor of you go back over the posts I think there is a reference to this very thing.

Personally speaking, I am not sure what sweating alone could do to ham the pitch IF the drainage is good.

If the side drains can cope and proper drain pipes are installed under the turf why would there be a huge problem?

Here in Maple Ridge, B.C.,  we moved into a new house some 9 years ago and had a very heavy clay soil. Drainage was a problem indeed since the back yard sloped downwards a bit towards the house. So I had to dig a few trenches a foot deep --which was like breaking up rock and nearly killed me in the process-- filled them up a couple of inches with stone chips then laid 5-6 inch water pipes over the top of the bed of chips with holes drilled through the bottoms, then filled-in again over these pipes with stone chips followed by soil on top and led it all into the perimeter drains along the side of the house. The latte discharged the water flow out to the street drains I think. 

Anyway, it  worked a treat and we did not have any more new young trees die when their soil holes flooded all the time after we planted them.

So, where is the problem? Hmmmm.