ubern

Why does Billy Dodds sound so anti-ICT?

Well done guys...job done!

I asked something similar on the Beebs twitter feed and got this reply on the live feed "hey're just about the only top flight side Doddsy hasn't played for. The wee man was even having a dig at his half-time pie, complaining about having to pick flaky pastry off it..."

Am I right in saying Draper misses the QF after getting booked tonight?

Bookings going into tonights game (source: http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=2567)

ROSS DRAPER 1 CAUTION 
JOSH MEEKINGS 1 CAUTION 
GRAEME SHINNIE 1 CAUTION 
GREGORY TANSEY 1 CAUTION 
RICHARD FORAN 1 CAUTION 

Wow its hard to find the official rules ... They are not in the actual Scottish Cup rules but those rules refer to the 'disciplinary rules' .... of which there is no document by that title. But buried on page 193 of the Judicial Panel Protocols on the SFA website is this which does indicate he is banned and that 4 other players are walking a tightrope .......

sources: 

1.1 Accumulation of Cautionable Offences 

1.1.1 The following applies to players in the Scottish Cup whose clubs enter the competition in Rounds 1, 2 or 3, and 
the Scottish Professional Football League Cup in Rounds 1 or 2: 

1.1.1.1 A player who is reported for three cautionable offences in the same competition during a Season will 
automatically be suspended for one match. 

1.1.1.2 Thereafter each time that player is reported for two further cautionable offences in the same competition 
during a Season, he will automatically be suspended for one match. 

1.1.1.3 The suspension will apply immediately to the next match in the competition in which the reports for 
cautionable offences were accumulated. 

1.1.2 The following applies to players whose clubs enter the Scottish Cup after Round 3, the Scottish Professional 
Football League Cup after Round 2, and all other Specified Cup Competitions: 

1.1.2.1 A player who is reported for two cautionable offences in the same competition during a Season will 
automatically be suspended for one match. 

1.1.2.2 The suspension will apply immediately to the next match in the competition in which the reports for 
cautionable offences were accumulated. 

• Agree 1

Just seen your post re. Sky commentary Scotty, by God they are really interested in us aren't they.

ESPN and Sporting Life were the same to be fair .... These guys all normally use an agency person who reports for all of them on a league day and obviously a cup replay is not worthy !

Well done to Stranraer for trying to play football. We were poor at times and Draper will be no big miss if he continues to play like this. Pitch looked a mess in front of the penalty box and we never took control like we should have, but that was down to Stranraer shutting us down quickly.

Best thing to say about this game is that we are through to the next round.

Draper started the match as the right midfielder of the usual front attacking four but often drifted inside which left us with almost now attacking outlet on the right. This was rectified when Doran came on.

Fortunate with the first goal. Clearance ricocheted off Ross and into the net. Think similar to the goal Dundee United scored when Shinnie blasted it off Daly and into the net.

Doran settled the nerves right at the end when he got a bit of time and space to fire a shot in from around 20 - 25 yards. Keeper was slow to get down to keep it out.

We were very average (at best) and Stranraer were unlucky not to force extra time. Their number 12 skinned Shinnie and Doran on two separate occasions with some outrageous skill.

The pitch was as poor as I've ever seen it. Damn USH.

Billy Dodds is a cretin.

That should do it.

Into the next round.

Yogi's first home win.

Another clean sheet.

First team to stop Stranraer scoring in 29 games.

That'll do me.

Excellent summary. I'd forgotten about the scoring sequence Stranraer were on! A good achievement for them during which they drew 1-1 at Ibrox. They're no mugs and could well make the play-offs from League One. 'A workmanlike performance' is a bit of a football cliché, but that's what it was tonight. We're really in a great position on all three fronts heading into the business end of the season.

Into the next round.

Yogi's first home win.

Another clean sheet.

First team to stop Stranraer scoring in 29 games.

That'll do me.

Fair enough, but what a poor perfomance!  It looked like the priority for all the players was simply not to get booked.  Far too often there was nothing on except a square ball or playing it back and it illustrated what an important player Doran is for us.  When he came on he provided an outlet and was always looking for the ball.  We suddenly looked a much better team.  To be fair, Nick Ross started brightly and offered more penetration than anyone else but then he slipped back to the mediocre standards of the rest of the team.  Yes we won, but play that poorly against anyone else this season and we'll lose.

A poor performance and credit to Stranraer but well done all the same for a tricky job done. I was dreading an extra half hour of this. Questionable decision not to play Doran from the start as I thought we looked livelier as soon as he came on and he deserved his goal. Man of then match for me just for his 25 mins. Draper was as poor and the pitch was atrocious. What is up with it? I heard it suggested that the covers might do more harm than good. More importantly can it be sorted before the next tie?

I think it is quite good that we now have a little while before we play at home going by all the accounts of the state of the pitch. Listened to the game and it didnt sound brilliant but in the cup against lower league opposition it doesn't matter how you do it, you just make sure you get the job done. We have to improve against better sides but we have to adapt to every single match that will never be the same. We played some great stuff and somehow failed to win on sat but tonight we had to struggle through but we did and i think for me that is a very good positive about this team. Lets not kid ourselves Stranraer are lower than us and are part time but part time teams do work hard to make sure they can compete and after having such a great season so far they were full of confidence and lets face it with nothing to lose; it was always a potential bananna skin. It wasnt just tonight the first leg was also a battle but the media can slate us all they like ever the performance, crowd or the pitch nobody will give an absolute donkeys if we lift the trophy in May. As i like to say you have to be in it to win it and we most certainly are.  

Edited by gingerjaggy
  • Agree 2

Guest Mahonio

Surely our Quarter tie with United will be shown live on either BBC or Sky, its only all Premiership tie which should be a cracker but i suspect BBC or Sky may choose Rangers v Albion or Raith v St Johnstone with Sky maybe showing our game on the Sunday, what do you guy reckon?

Why does Billy Dodds sound so anti-ICT?

Because he is.

He is the kind of wee nyaff that if he won 3 million quid he would moan it wasn't 5 million.

As the song says - you ain't somebody until somebody hates you!

Edited by FoolPhysio