Cup quarter-final televised

PerfICT

Will it be though? I can understand Sky having to shell out the rumoured £83k per club for a televised fixture, do the bbc not just pay a lump fee at the start of the tournament for the rights and then a % goes to each club based on their progression... rather than the money going to the televised teams?

I may be wrong though.

I believe that the BBC deal is similar to SKY's in that each club will benefit circa 80K. The down side of it being on terrestrial TV is that it's likely to have a bigger impact on the gate than SKY coverage and the kick off time won't help.

Agree. I suspect the crowd will not be great.

12:30 again on a sunday and again because of the rugby.  Do these people in Glasgow never learn? Someone needs a serious word with them, and I've got every sympathy with united fans. Edited to add it's even worse than our fiasco because its an England game they have scheduled for 3pm!

Edited by davie
  • Agree 2

12:30 again on a sunday and again because of the rugby.  Do these people in Glasgow never learn? Someone needs a serious word with them, and I've got every sympathy with united fans. Edited to add it's even worse than our fiasco because its an England game they have scheduled for 3pm!

Lol we all know why you sympathise with them, if we are being honest early kick offs and as a result travelling issues affects the majority of top teams in this country due to live TV

No one team is being singled out although it might feel like that sometimes

Dougal

You could offer consultancy services? For a fee of course ...lol

Seriously think the SPFL/SFA need to consider this when renewing contract with BBC who seem to treat football as a second class product when rugby is on. SPFL should insist on better timings and if the BBC don't want the rights, I am sure someone else will.

Seriously think the SPFL/SFA need to consider this when renewing contract with BBC who seem to treat football as a second class product when rugby is on. SPFL should insist on better timings and if the BBC don't want the rights, I am sure someone else will.

Problem is it's far from certain that anyone else will at the same price.

Yet again TV dictating when the games get played! There is another sporting event on in Inverness on Sunday 9th March. The Global half marathon. Im sure there are a several people (myself included) who are participating in this event but are ICT fans as well. Does nobody take into account local events , never mind rugby on the Saturday. Im sure this will affect the crowd as well.

Edited by bruiach

Yet again TV dictating when the games get played! There is another sporting event on in Inverness on Sunday 9th March. The Global half marathon. Im sure there are a several people (myself included) who are participating in this event but are ICT fans as well. Does nobody take into account local events , never mind rugby on the Saturday. Im sure this will affect the crowd as well.

Ahhhhhh! Just realised I'll miss the game for the 5k! Not so happy now....

I am at a loss to understand why there is supposed to be clash in TV scheduling.  I seem to recall that whenever this happened in the past, the football was on BBC 1 and the rugger went on BBC 2.  Of course that was in the days when TV had to accommodate the sport, and not the other way around. 

Since when did rugby reach such a level of prominence that it is considered to have parity with the beautiful game?

• Agree 1

Problem is it's far from certain that anyone else will at the same price.

Very true but worth a try when the contract comes up for renewal. If the TV companies are getting good audience figures, strengthens the bargaining position of SPFL.