cup final song

caleyblue29

Tell me Ma, me Ma - to put the champagne on ice - we're going to Parkhead twice - tell me Ma, me Ma.

Well it's certainly better than yer alleged Irish folk song you and all your mates have been downloading in the last few weeks to get it in the charts

Dougal

Edited by dougal

Remember the tradition when teams and players would record a cup song and then turn out in special cup final suits.

After the xmas song the team did get the boys onto one for this.

I think you're getting mixed up with the traditions of the Scottish Cup final.

• Agree 1

Flower of Scotland? Just a thought, no other club sing it, and everyone kens the words?

a few other Tartan Army classics are really Highland somgs - Loch Lomond? Killiekrankie?

There are a load of great songs from the '45 we could steal back I reckon.

Failing that:

We'll be coming... We'll be coming...

We'll be coming down the road,

When you hear the noise of the Caley Thistle boys,

We'll be coming down the road.

Works for me.

• Agree 1

I'M A BELIEVER

I thought love was only true in fairy tales
Meant for someone else, but not for me
Love was out to get me
That's the way it seemed
Disappointment haunted all my dreams

Then I saw them play, now I'm a believer
Not a trace of doubt in my mind
I'm in love and I'm a believer
We are achievers if we try

I thought love was more or less a giving thing
Seems the more I gave, the less I got
What's the use in trying, all you get is pain
When I needed sunshine, I got rain

Love was out to get me
That's the way it seemed
Disappointment haunted all my dreams

Saw her face, now I'm a believer
I'm in love, and I'm a believer

My Heart is in the Highlands

Farewell to the Highlands, farewell to the North,

The birth-place of Valour, the country of Worth;

Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,

The hills of the Highlands for ever I love.

Chorus.- My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here,

My heart's in the Highlands, a-chasing the deer (staggies);

Chasing the wild-deer, and following the roe,

My heart's in the Highlands, wherever I go.

• Agree 2

We sailed on the HMS Sneck

We lay drunk on the deck

From Inverness Town we did roam

We stayed up all night

We got in a fight

I feel so choked up

I dont want to go home

So hoist up the Sneckie sails

See how the mainsail sets

Call Richie aboard

And take the cup home, take the cup home

I don't wanna go home, I don't wanna go home

This is the best trip I have ever been on.

So hoist up those Sneckie

To the tune of Robin Hood

Yogi Hughes, Yogi Hughes

Leads the Inverness

Yogi Hughes, Yogi Hughes

Making them the best

If you take us on,

You're sure to lose

Yogi Hughes, Yogi Hughes, Yogi Hughes

Think 12th man is on to something need a song that 6000 newbies know the words or at least chorus of so there is a chance to get them singing. Also need something to counter northern lights of old aberdeen. I'd go with Caledonia. We can claim that as our own rather than copy other club anthems.

• Agree 1

Think 12th man is on to something need a song that 6000 newbies know the words or at least chorus of so there is a chance to get them singing. Also need something to counter northern lights of old aberdeen. I'd go with Caledonia. We can claim that as our own rather than copy other club anthems.

Good thinking.  And to make it easy for the newcomers, change Caledonia to Inverness. It would also prevent the usual "M" word nonsense

On my way back to Caithness after that wonderful match last night I was listening to the Ian Anderson programme (after 10pm) on Radio Scotland when he played this song that had been sent to him (I think) written and sung by someone from the Inverness are (I assume). It was brilliant but simple. The tune was a slightly different version to 'when the saints' but it could easily be suing to that tune which I imagine everyone knows. There must have been 6-8 verses including references to that wonderful Celtic game including the famous headline; references to Yogi and Kenny Cameron; even references to Rangers and how now that they were playing in the lower divisions that was not very funny because we were loosing lots of money.

The chorus was

Oh Inverness, Oh Inverness,

Oh Inverness we all love you

We have a bridge and we have a castle

Oh Inverness we all love you

The 'Oh Inverness' part can be substituted by 'Oh ICT, Oh ICT, and it fits in just as well. 

I realise that the euphoria I experienced last night may have carried me away a little bit but I really thought it was a brilliant but simple song and would not need to be confined to the cup final.     

• Agree 1

On my way back to Caithness after that wonderful match last night I was listening to the Ian Anderson programme (after 10pm) on Radio Scotland when he played this song that had been sent to him (I think) written and sung by someone from the Inverness are (I assume). It was brilliant but simple. The tune was a slightly different version to 'when the saints' but it could easily be suing to that tune which I imagine everyone knows. There must have been 6-8 verses including references to that wonderful Celtic game including the famous headline; references to Yogi and Kenny Cameron; even references to Rangers and how now that they were playing in the lower divisions that was not very funny because we were loosing lots of money.The chorus was Oh Inverness, Oh Inverness,Oh Inverness we all love youWe have a bridge and we have a castle Oh Inverness we all love youThe 'Oh Inverness' part can be substituted by 'Oh ICT, Oh ICT, and it fits in just as well. I realise that the euphoria I experienced last night may have carried me away a little bit but I really thought it was a brilliant but simple song and would not need to be confined to the cup final.     

post-232-0-58081200-1393444728.jpg

• Agree 3