cup final song

caleyblue29

Top Six,

Like your response but am reasonably serious to the extent of making a suggestion - nothing more. Have taken up Ian Anderson's programme on the internet and listened to song again by a Howard Swindles - Fireside sessions and have enjoyed it even more. The verses make it and I assure you it is worth a listen. It is about 19 minutes into programme for anyone interested. I am eagerly waiting your own suggestion for a song.

yeah caledonia most will know some of it and i will happily print off copies through work and if  someone is willing to make sure they get copies on the buses i will even talk to de coaches see if we can pass to them to put on the buses on the suynday morning   

• Agree 1

'Caledonia' is an alright folk song, but having it as a 'club anthem' (do we even need one?!) would be a bit naff and verging on cringeworthy IMO.  It's the same as when people call for it to be the national anthem, it wouldn't work.  It's a folk song, not an anthem.

Edited by Renegade

On my way back to Caithness after that wonderful match last night I was listening to the Ian Anderson programme (after 10pm) on Radio Scotland when he played this song that had been sent to him (I think) written and sung by someone from the Inverness are (I assume). It was brilliant but simple. The tune was a slightly different version to 'when the saints' but it could easily be suing to that tune which I imagine everyone knows. There must have been 6-8 verses including references to that wonderful Celtic game including the famous headline; references to Yogi and Kenny Cameron; even references to Rangers and how now that they were playing in the lower divisions that was not very funny because we were loosing lots of money.

The chorus was

Oh Inverness, Oh Inverness,

Oh Inverness we all love you

We have a bridge and we have a castle

The 'Oh Inverness' part can be substituted by 'Oh ICT, Oh ICT, and it fits in just as well. 

I realise that the euphoria I experienced last night may have carried me away a little bit but I really thought it was a brilliant but simple song and would not need to be confined to the cup final.     

Nah!! Wouldn't work....too similar to

Oh Inverness is wonderful

We have a bridge and a castle

On my way back to Caithness after that wonderful match last night I was listening to the Ian Anderson programme (after 10pm) on Radio Scotland when he played this song that had been sent to him (I think) written and sung by someone from the Inverness are (I assume). It was brilliant but simple. The tune was a slightly different version to 'when the saints' but it could easily be suing to that tune which I imagine everyone knows. There must have been 6-8 verses including references to that wonderful Celtic game including the famous headline; references to Yogi and Kenny Cameron; even references to Rangers and how now that they were playing in the lower divisions that was not very funny because we were loosing lots of money.

The chorus was

Oh Inverness, Oh Inverness,

We have a bridge and we have a castle

The 'Oh Inverness' part can be substituted by 'Oh ICT, Oh ICT, and it fits in just as well. 

I realise that the euphoria I experienced last night may have carried me away a little bit but I really thought it was a brilliant but simple song and would not need to be confined to the cup final.     

You don't go to many games do you?

• Agree 2

dont know about a cupp final song but if we win i think we should take up the chelsea tradition and throw celery at the players and sing:

''celery, celery If she dont cum il tickle her bum with a lump of celery'' i think the message will promote healthy eating throughout inverness.