official cjt train statement

davie

Yer no gettin that hug now IHE for sayin that...............and you still in englandshire too...................Av done my share of missionary work doon there and come back to the real world.

.........................you should try it before your beard reaches your toes.............. :wink:

Does anyone know if there are any buses, minibuses or trains connecting with the football train specials going down from north of Inverness ?

I can't seem to get any information about this. 

If you can find 8 people, Dornoch taxis are quoting £85 Dornoch to Inverness in an 8 seater  (one way) on the Sunday morning.

Use the main one, not the open top deck at the back of the old welders building as it gets locked after 8 (just like the courier car park) :wink:

Lol, aye don't go to the one next to where A1 welders used to be about 20 years ago. Go to the one which is between where Rose St Hall, Blue and Safeways used to be. Rofl

Edited by 12th Man

I've reserved two seats. How do I pay for these? Do I just pay for them at the Sports Bar as mentioned in the OP?

Yes that's one way, the tickets don't physically arrive till the 1st, so closer to this date we'll be letting people know of other times they'll be on sale / pay for booked tickets.

ETA- if people want to travel on the train please continue to book using the train email address or the travel number ASAP.

Edited by Fraz

Because of the number of buses for both clubs and the need for the police to segregate fans its unlikely that they'll be parked up close to the stadium so its likely there'll be a bit of a walk.

Those on the train can go on to Bellgrove but thats at least a twenty minute walk as well. I would suggest to the train travellers that they alight at Queen St head to Ingram St (opposite Ingram Hotel) and jump on a 43 or 64 which will take you to London Road or 61, 62 from Central station goes down Gallowgate Road. Buses take about half hour.

A final choice is to just walk from the city centre. Have a refreshment or two at the Barrowlands on route.  About 45 min walk.

Also remember the train will be non stop except for single line passing so will be quicker than buses.

I have it on excellent authority that if the 2 trains are full, a 3rd train will be laid on leaving at 08:38. This will only be available if the 1st two trains leaving at 09:00 are full. So get booking!!!

For anyone on the trains or thinking of booking the trains as outlined in the travel thread, Train 1 leaves Inverness at 0900 and Train 2 leaves at 0925. They don't BOTH leave at 0900. Still plenty of space on Train 2 as far as I'm aware.

Also see here (hopefully)  http://www.scotrail.co.uk/sites/default/files/documents/Inverness_Flier.pdf for full information regarding times.

If that is true then that is fantastic and well done to those concerned.

I wonder if I could get onto the earlier train to get into Glasgow for a couple of extra pre match drinks...

Scotrail were kind enough to offer us a third train should we want or need it.  Unfortunately CJT are not in a position to take this on for a range of reasons. Will be running 2 trains and no more, even if train 2 is full. However as it stands there is more than enough room on train 2 for supporters and we would love to see you onboard. Remember it includes onward travel!

Prices are £30 adult / £10 U16s. Please book by emailing ictfinaltrain2014@gmail.com stating how many adult / child tickets you need along with names and a contact number. We are hoping to have a paypal set up to book tickets with shortly.

Thank You.

• Agree 1

Caley Jags Together have now enabled fans to pay for train and bus bookings through PayPal here: http://ictsupporterstrust.co.uk/ We will add a £1.00 post and packaging fee to bookings, and please ensure that you give us the right information to send out your tickets to. Bookings will be taken until Thursday 13th March.  

In addition to this, Caley Jags Together board members will be at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium on Thursday, Friday, Monday and Tuesday evenings until 17:30 and before and after the upcoming games with Dundee United and Hibernian. We’ll also be at the Eastgate Centre in Inverness between 9:30 and 17:00 on Saturday 7th March. We will announce any additional payment sessions as needed. There are still seats available on train 2, so get booking!

We really need everyone who has booked a ticket to make the effort to come along to one of these sessions or pay on line and make sure that we get the numbers that we need to the Cup final. Remember you can’t pay on the day so you need that ticket to travel. Thanks for your amazing support, and we’ll see you soon at the above or on the day!

Once in Glasgow, how is everyone getting to Parkhead? Is there segragation around parkhead like are there certain roads we cant walk down? Also anyone getting the train from Edin to Queen street?

I'll be going through from Edinburgh to Glasgow with ma mate, though haven't made any plans of how we're doing it. Probably the train. Maybe the bus due to it being far cheaper.

Then a train from central to Dalmarnock and Bridgeton, stadium is a 5 minute walk.

Alternatively Queen Street to Bellgrove and a 20 minute walk through the East of Glasgow. Fun times!

Once in Glasgow, how is everyone getting to Parkhead? Is there segragation around parkhead like are there certain roads we cant walk down? Also anyone getting the train from Edin to Queen street?

I'll be going through from Edinburgh to Glasgow with ma mate, though haven't made any plans of how we're doing it. Probably the train. Maybe the bus due to it being far cheaper.

Then a train from central to Dalmarnock and Bridgeton, stadium is a 5 minute walk.

Alternatively Queen Street to Bellgrove and a 20 minute walk through the East of Glasgow. Fun times!

Segregation announcements will be next week. Walked from Belgrove last Saturday didn't come to any harm....lol